Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on these sib-sets

I'm just looking for thoughts on these sib-sets for my WIP. Do they sound like they go reasonably well together?

Parents: Abidan & Perdita
    Children: Ursula & Blaise

Parents: King Casimir & Queen Cyrene
    Children: Alexander, Elodia, Miriam, Demetri

Parents: Sheridan & Zerdali
    Children: Sage (who goes by Raphael for most of the story, his mn), Hazel (b), and Willow (b)
    Last edited by dantea; April 12th, 2014 at 10:43 AM.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Hi Dantea, I hope you are doing well.

Children: Ursula & Blaise - I like these family names.

Children: Alexander, Elodia, Miriam, Dimian - I think Miriam and Dimian are too similar for siblings. Did you consider Dimitri/Dmitri or Demetrius? I think these name would go well with Casimir and Alexander.

Parents: Sheridan & Zerdali - are these two characters from completely different cultures (an Irish Searcher and a Turkish Wild Apricot?). Sheridan doesn't have the exotic flair of Zerdali. Have you considered Severin, Salton/Sultan, Seraphim or Sevilen (Turkish)?

Children: Sage (who goes by Raphael for most of the story, his mn), Hazel (b), and Willow (b). Three boys with word names. Hazel and Willow are interesting for a boy. I think a Sheridan may call his children by these names but I'm not sure a Zerdali would.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Thanks Mischa.

I like Dmitri better for Alex's brother. Thanks for the suggestion

Sheridan and Zerdali are from different cultures. She's from a more middle eastern type place and he lives in the woods in what would be the UK type area. He's a druid and she enters into the druid life with him which is why the boys all have those sorts of names.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

Proud Mama to:
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Children: Ursula & Blaise - Is there a specific reason why Blaise has some kind of trendy name? If not, I would pick something more distinctive because Abidan, Perdita and Ursula are such.

Children: Alexander, Elodia, Miriam, Dimian - Alexander is great but a bit plain next to Elodia, Miriam and Dimian. Alexey maybe? Iskander?

Parents: Sheridan & Zerdali
    Children: Sage (who goes by Raphael for most of the story, his mn), Hazel (b), and Willow (b) - This one is truly lovely, so wood-sy!
    ● Olympia ● Literature Student

Constance TabithaSibyl JemimaTheodoraRamona ? ?
    ? Rupert Otis Grover ??Ignatius Robin

Blaise is the name of a scientist and has ancient roots same as Ursula. The character has always been Blaise for 10 years now so I don't think I can change it :P If it makes you feel better, when my former friend wrote him, she spelled his name Blayze.

For Alexander, he's been Alexander for 10 years too and I can't think of him as anything else. I thought I did a decent job with classic Miriam and classic Alexander next to unusual Elodia and unusual Dimitri now.

And thank you!

Proud Mama to:
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014