Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on these sib-sets

I'm just looking for thoughts on these sib-sets for my WIP. Do they sound like they go reasonably well together?

Parents: Abidan & Perdita
    Children: Ursula & Blaise

Parents: King Casimir & Queen Cyrene
    Children: Alexander, Elodia, Miriam, Demetri

Parents: Sheridan & Zerdali
    Children: Sage (who goes by Raphael for most of the story, his mn), Hazel (b), and Willow (b)
    Last edited by dantea; April 12th, 2014 at 10:43 AM.
    http://www.amazon.com/Angel-Blackwood/e/B00SARZLFY -- My Amazon Author Page

Represented by:

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013

Hi Dantea, I hope you are doing well.

Children: Ursula & Blaise - I like these family names.

Children: Alexander, Elodia, Miriam, Dimian - I think Miriam and Dimian are too similar for siblings. Did you consider Dimitri/Dmitri or Demetrius? I think these name would go well with Casimir and Alexander.

Parents: Sheridan & Zerdali - are these two characters from completely different cultures (an Irish Searcher and a Turkish Wild Apricot?). Sheridan doesn't have the exotic flair of Zerdali. Have you considered Severin, Salton/Sultan, Seraphim or Sevilen (Turkish)?

Children: Sage (who goes by Raphael for most of the story, his mn), Hazel (b), and Willow (b). Three boys with word names. Hazel and Willow are interesting for a boy. I think a Sheridan may call his children by these names but I'm not sure a Zerdali would.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Thanks Mischa.

I like Dmitri better for Alex's brother. Thanks for the suggestion

Sheridan and Zerdali are from different cultures. She's from a more middle eastern type place and he lives in the woods in what would be the UK type area. He's a druid and she enters into the druid life with him which is why the boys all have those sorts of names.

Represented by:

Proud Mama to:

Children: Ursula & Blaise - Is there a specific reason why Blaise has some kind of trendy name? If not, I would pick something more distinctive because Abidan, Perdita and Ursula are such.

Children: Alexander, Elodia, Miriam, Dimian - Alexander is great but a bit plain next to Elodia, Miriam and Dimian. Alexey maybe? Iskander?

Parents: Sheridan & Zerdali
    Children: Sage (who goes by Raphael for most of the story, his mn), Hazel (b), and Willow (b) - This one is truly lovely, so wood-sy!
    Olympia
    Russian Lit student, bookworm, and arts geek.

Frances Birdie JaneEmmeline Twila Alice Georgia Florence Monet Esme Helena Mazarine Sibyl Jemima Iris
    Nathaniel Roscoe Wilde Grover Elijah St John Oscar Ignatius Cosmo Robin Hector BarnabyAxel Isidore Sage

Apollo Amy Atlas Celia Dashiell Constance Jarvis Eugenie Raphael Magnolia Magnus Marigold Seymour Rosario Wilbur

Blaise is the name of a scientist and has ancient roots same as Ursula. The character has always been Blaise for 10 years now so I don't think I can change it :P If it makes you feel better, when my former friend wrote him, she spelled his name Blayze.

For Alexander, he's been Alexander for 10 years too and I can't think of him as anything else. I thought I did a decent job with classic Miriam and classic Alexander next to unusual Elodia and unusual Dimitri now.

And thank you!

Represented by:

Proud Mama to: