Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Name from Frozen...not Anna or Elsa!

I just saw Frozen (not sure what all the hype was about) and the town they live in is called Arendelle. I think it's BEAUTIFUL, more for a girl I'd say. I don't think I'd be brave enough to use it as a first, but maybe a middle? What do you guys think of it?

I think Arendelle is actually their country, not their town. But I agree that it's gorgeous. To me it sounds almost like a last name. The Aren- part feels more masculine while the -elle ending is obviously a bit more feminine. I could see it as a mn for either gender, especially if the kid's parents were really into Disney.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Mazarine Cosima Odette Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr

From the disney wiki: http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Arendelle
    "The name 'Arendelle' is based on the Norwegian town of Arendal, located southwest of the Norwegian capital, Oslo."

I'm not a big place name person, in general, so I wouldn't do it. But, it definitely matches the current -elle style of names for girls.

I've liked Dell for a long time and think Arendelle is kind of pretty. I don't think I'd use it as a first name anytime soon, but I don't think it's a bad idea at all!
    若兰

I'm just a third-culture girl with an affinity for names.

In loving memory of Margot

It's definitely pretty, but I don't think I would use it on a person. Disney uses such interesting names for their worlds/towns. Remember Andalasia from Enchanted?
    "Walter. That’s good. I’ve never known a little kid named Walter. It seems like an old man’s name, but I guess you have to start somewhere."