Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I like a lot of your names; Edmund, Laszlo, and Finn are on my list, as well as Ignacio (variant of Ignatius). My taste is pretty out there as well! Edmund Holmes is actually kind of similar to my if-I'm-brave-enough-GP fave boy combo, but I'm not a huge fan of Holmes as a middle though (maybe if it's a maiden name/family surname).
    I am loving:
    Bartholomew Finn
    Laszlo Bayard
    Azriel Valentine (sounds like a really cool book character!)
    Zachariah Wolf
    Alfred Thane
    Last edited by myosotis; April 8th, 2014 at 05:48 PM.
    Wholocked, history and chemistry loving teenberry (16).
    Hoping to be a mummy in the very distant future. Dreaming of...
    ✦ Pandora Valencia Fae ✧ Evanthe Lyra Annabeth ✦
    Little Misses
    ✧ Caspian Sherlock Walter ✦ Phoenix Arthur Blaise ✧
    Mister Men

"'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    • Mycroft Holmes • Sherlock (BBC) • His Last Vow •

Well, they would be too out there for me. I think a lot of them would be hard to pull off in real life. I do like Ted.

I like Edmund Holmes, Alfred Thane, and Caleb Hart. I think Theodore Sullivan or Edward Sullivan would go better with your other names than Ted Sullivan. Rupert Everest is far too similar to the actor Rupert Everett--how about Rupert Calloway?

It is definitely a matter of opinion, and everyone's opinion will vary, none of which is based on fact.
    looking at your list of combos, I have seen more "out there" taste than that. I have some off-beat and quirky names on my lists.
    You have plenty of usable names. You may be somewhere in the middle of the road. I have seen way more conservative tastes on nb, and then I have seen some really unusual and off beat choices. You have the best of both worlds, and that keeps it more interesting.

from your list, I like: Zachariah Wolf, Hadrian Calloway, Azriel Valentine, Bartholomew Finn, and Caleb Hart. No question I like those names and I find them all to be usable except possibly bartholomew. I love Zachariah Wolf. Love it. Second fave I love is Azriel.

Here's the test. Actually call out the names, out loud. Make up a fictitious brother and use them. Address your favorite inanimate object by the names. If you don't feel ridiculous then the name is fine.

Personally I think Isambard, Azriel and Enoch are probably unusable. Hadrian & Lazslo are truly unusual but will still work. The others are much more common.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq