Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

First name for middles Mimosa Jean

Hi!

Still a few months off TTC but I am after first name ideas for middles Mimosa Jean.

My husbands favourite girls name for a couple of years has been Mimosa and I have come to like it and enjoy the flower connotations & the fact it was used in Victorian / Edwardian times(didn't know it was a cocktail-it's not quite as popular in Australia). It's also the name of a star in the Southern Cross.

His favourite Nannas name was Jeanette passed away 8 years ago, hence Jean. We also like the name of its own merit but its too similar to my husbands name to use as a first! I see it as being colourful, retro and spunky. So exciting that we both really like it!

I like the idea of having a non flower name with some history and maybe a little flair up front. For example DH thinks Mary is awfully daggy & Thisbe too strange but likes Marigold & Flo(I think he only likes 4 girls names!). Our surname starts with an F and has two syllables and ends with ing, so lets pretend its Fielding.

*First name* Mimosa Jean Fielding... Go!

Thanks berries
    Last edited by rachelemma; April 8th, 2014 at 07:49 PM.
    Please vote on my names list http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9831892

Current favs:
    Mary Wildflower, Fae, Edith (Edie), Ida, Beatrix, Jean, Winifred (Winnie), Phaedra, Thisbe, Sylvie, Cordelia, Magnolia, Catherine, Mimosa

Arto, Lawson, William, Rupert, Albert, Makepeace, Wetherell

Rabbits Eleanore Saffron Nightingale & Gethin Abraham Jubilee(Bob/Bobby), Lizard Ute (German Ooteh), Guinea pigs Marmaduke Hubbard & Algernon (LG)

Any takers?
    Please vote on my names list http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9831892

Current favs:
    Mary Wildflower, Fae, Edith (Edie), Ida, Beatrix, Jean, Winifred (Winnie), Phaedra, Thisbe, Sylvie, Cordelia, Magnolia, Catherine, Mimosa

Arto, Lawson, William, Rupert, Albert, Makepeace, Wetherell

Rabbits Eleanore Saffron Nightingale & Gethin Abraham Jubilee(Bob/Bobby), Lizard Ute (German Ooteh), Guinea pigs Marmaduke Hubbard & Algernon (LG)

With a name like Mimosa in the middle, I feel like you have to go for either a very normal middle or a very short middle. Maybe...

Agnes
    Alice
    Annabel
    Ariel
    Celia
    Cleo
    Danaë
    Daphne
    Eira
    Esme
    Isobel
    Kira
    Laurel
    Nola
    Nora
    Thea
    Willa
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Belphoebe Cosima Sybella Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr

Can you use Mimosa Jean in the first spot? Because it's absolutely gorgeous!

Anyway, some that I'd suggest with Mary, Flo, Marigold and Thisbe as inspiration...
    Ottilie
    Mathilde
    Beatrix
    Hebe
    Amabel
    Celeste
    Tessa
    Lana
    Phaedra
    Esmerelda
    Cordelia
    Delilah
    Mabel
    Mae or Maisie
    Tabitha
    Bluebell
    Magda
    Elske
    Viola
    Milla
    Enid
    Opal
    Eveline
    Phoebe
    Eirys
    Dahlia
    close to my heart
    Rufus - Wes - Alec - Emmett - Wilfred
    Billie - Estella - Jemima - Eilidh

maybe; Maud, Effy/Euphemia, William and Eoghan
    olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma''. i feel as if i've been sixteen forever. (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)