Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Names relating to both colours and Christianity.

Oh wise berries, I would love some help to help out my SIL. Her and her husband are expecting their first baby and the search for the right name has begun. My SIL is an artist and would like to use a colour name or at least one that relates to colour. Her husband and her would also like the name to be biblical, have biblical reference or have a meaning that relates back to their faith.

Currently she like Violet or Ruby for a girl and Cyan for a boy.

Possible middle names are all family names, Heather, John, Charles, but it's wide open.

So colour names that have a biblical/Christian foundation?
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

How about Isabelline? It is a shade of white and Isabel comes from Elizabeth, making it biblical. I think it would be a perfect solution for a girl.
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    | Zoe | Selene | Thalia | Jane | Persephone | Ariadne | Lilia | Nicoletta | Nina | Natalia |

| Dimitri | Augustus | Paul | Jude | Basil | Tobias | Nico | Abram | Samuel | James |
    Pondering:
    | Artemis | Cassandra | Delia | Helena | Margo | Thaddeus |

GP:
    | Thisbe | Cassiopeia | Briseis | Mercy | Lachlan | Emerson | Callum | Owen |

Have a fabulous day!

Two of daughters' names is Elizabeth and Annabelle. They will be cousins so even though it fits the criteria I'm not sure Isabelline would work.
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by jazz1509 View Post
    Two of daughters' names is Elizabeth and Annabelle. They will be cousins so even though it fits the criteria I'm not sure Isabelline would work.
    Such a shame. If it makes a difference, I have several cousins with the same name, and it has never bothered them. But I understand. I'm not sure if this will help, but here is a list from behindthename.com, it has different catagories including colors and biblical, maybe you'll find some names that fit both of your criteria. Good luck!
    http://www.behindthename.com/themes.php
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    | Zoe | Selene | Thalia | Jane | Persephone | Ariadne | Lilia | Nicoletta | Nina | Natalia |

| Dimitri | Augustus | Paul | Jude | Basil | Tobias | Nico | Abram | Samuel | James |
    Pondering:
    | Artemis | Cassandra | Delia | Helena | Margo | Thaddeus |

GP:
    | Thisbe | Cassiopeia | Briseis | Mercy | Lachlan | Emerson | Callum | Owen |

Have a fabulous day!

What about Henna? It's in Song of Solomon, it's a plant and a dye. Also Olive, which is a color and relates to the olive trees/Mt Olive. Rose would be a good one (I believe roses are mentioned a few times and rose is a color). Saffron and Sage are also colors that are plants that are mentioned.

Any shade of blue could be tied to Mary, I think. Also anything white, like Blanche or Bianca.

So:
    Girls
    Henna
    Olive
    Rose
    Saffron
    Sage
    Blanche
    Bianca

Boys
    Asher (like Ash?)
    Finn (means 'white')
    Viridian ('blue-green' or 'green' and reminds me of the Garden)
    Blue
    Last edited by axps123; April 8th, 2014 at 10:16 PM.