Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Any way to honor all of these important ladies?

I would love your help in finding a girl's name to honor a number of different important women in my life. The only thing is, I don't care for many of their names! Here are the names:

Barbara Ann
    Joan Susan
    Judith Ann
    Elizabeth Ann
    Anne

I wouldn't want to use Barbara, Joan, Susan, or Judith. So there's the challenge! I like Elizabeth, but only as a middle. I do like Anna or maybe Anne and would be open to another form of any of these names...for example, I like Jane, but not Joan. Anyway, if you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

Hmmm… Antonia, Anneliese, Annabel for all the Anns. Barbara is a tough one… Maybe another B name: Beatrix/Beatrice, Bella, Bree, Baila… or the very exotic Varvara (the Russian version of Barbara). Jane for Joan, June for JudithEliza, Liza, Ella, Lizabet, Elspeth, Elsbeth, Elsa for Elizabeth (though I do think Elizabeth is a fabulous name!). Susannah, Shoshannah, or Lily for Susan (since Susannah means lily).

Barbara means 'foreign' as do:

Ella
    Elodie (foreign riches)
    Luella (famous warrior; foreign)

'Ella' could also be short for Elizabeth/ Elizabeth.

The best I can do incorporate them all is:

Elizabeth Susannah Jane nn 'Ella'

Other ideas:

Joan Susan could be Josie or Josephine.

Judy instead of Judith.

'Josephine Elodie' is a gorgeous combo that has the sounds of most of the names in it.
    My attempt at a blog is here

TTC #1

Sophie Alice Marilla
    Ivy ~ Ciara ~ Eleanor ~ Zoe ~ Katharine ~ Eva ~ Cara ~ Elizabeth

Maxwell Arthur James
    Vincent ~ Finn ~ Jack ~ Alexander ~ Leo ~ Zachary ~ Theodore

Just use Joanne as a middle name. That way you get the Jo- from Joan and Anne from all the rest

AND you only use 1 middle spot leaving you with one or two spots to add names that you love!

I think using some form of Ann as a middle paired with a name you love as a first could honor everyone at once.

Annabel
    Joanna
    Susanna
    Annelise
    Annabeth