Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kezia?

Smile Kezia?

Thoughts on Kezia, please?

'Jess' Jessica Emily Faith
    Living down under...
    Australian/German/South African/Scottish/English/Irish/Romani
    Elsa: Mystical, magical, completely unique, baffling and all her own

Ronan: Spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Other considerations
    Mary Belle - Conrad - Elaina/Elena? - Jonas

I adore it and related form Ketzia. It's sweet in meaning, Biblical, underused, and one of the very few K names that doesn't ping my kreative alarm.

I do prefer the pronunciations with ZEE in them to the ones with ZYE in them. That's why I don't lean towards Keziah, which many people seem to read as kez-eye-ah.

I like nature names, too, so it's kind of right up my alley.

I've only met a couple Australian Kezias. Now it's really unexpected and a lot of people do not think of it as a Biblical name that springs to mind, but I like it.

I only know a girl with the Keziah spelling, so it looks more natural spelt this way to me (she says KEE-zee-uh, but I know kuh-ZYE-uh is more common). However, I don't like her as a person so that's an obvious bias - but I just dislike the sound.

There are loads of other underused, quirky-fun biblical names that I prefer... Jemima, Tabitha, Galilee, Atara, Zipporah, Delilah. And there's Cassia/Kassia too. I also really like the above suggestion of Ketzia which I've never heard before.
    close to my heart / future darlings
    Rufus Kielder - Emmett Hugh - Alec Amadeus - Wilf Nicholas
    Estella Agnes - Oona Margaret - Billie Cordelia - Beatrix Georgia

olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' and finally seventeen. (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

Ketzia's used to transliterate the Hebrew, which has a "tzee" sound in it. (I've also seen Ketziya used by Israelis).

I'm torn on spellings because I'd like to make it simple but but I don't know how familiar Kezia is anyway? And I like the option of Kitty as a nickname for Ketzia.

I really like Hebrew names that have nature meanings, like Shoshana, Tamar, Yonina, etc. (I couldn't use Tzipporah but I'm glad it gets love, lol).

Oliviasarah, you make me wanna start another thread on unexpected Biblical girls' names. I've been trying to post less, lol, you're not helping!

Unfortunately, it looks like it should be pronounced KEE-zee-uh, which makes me think of hematochezia (last part pronounced KEE-zee-uh), and means bloody stool. Sorry!
    But I don't think that's a well known word, and I acknowledge I'm overly sensitive about such things - eg I couldn't choose any of the Anna derivatives with an L following (Annaliese, Anna Lee) because I wouldn't warn any teasing about "anal" or "anally".