Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Although Angharad is somewhat easier to pronounce than Lleucu, it still poses many of the same challenges, so I don't really see the sense in settling for a name that they don't love as much. I think they should go with Lleucu and just be willing to be flexible with others using her middle name, a nickname (which I'm sure will evolve over time, even if none are apparent), or close approximations of the correct pronunciation. It's an amazing opportunity to raise your children overseas, but I love that they want to keep a strong connection to their heritage and give their daughter a Welsh identity. I think she will grow up to appreciate that as well
    Last edited by huia; April 7th, 2014 at 03:49 PM.
    Cecily | Margot | Georgia | Phoebe | Iris | Liv | Clementine | Sylvie | Lorelei | Jane

Felix | Hugo | Simon | Quentin | Louis | Dexter | Miles | Leo | Duncan | Oscar

What about Kiki as a nickname for Lleucu? To my American ears, the second syllable sounds like "key," so why not Key-Wyn, Kiki (or just Wyn) for the use of non-Welsh friends? Use the name you love!