Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Baby almost here, down to 2 names, help!

Ok so my cousin is almost here and the parents are down to two choices, we need your help again. Some info you need: The parents are Welsh and want a Welsh name and do not care about the fact if the name is 'too Welsh', in fact that is the aim. But the baby will live all around the world.

The choices are Angharad and Lleucu. Middle name will be Wyn. Here are the pros and cons according to the parents and the part we need your honest opinions:

Angharad. Pros: The meaning ('much loved'). The fact that it is more usable around the world when compared with Lleucu. The history and mythology connection (just google the name and you'll understand). The nn options like Harri, Annie. Cons: No one assumes that it's Welsh, mostly seen as Indian or Middle Eastern for some reason and that annoys the parents a bit. This is the second choice, they don't love the name, but just like it.

Lleucu. Pros: This name is the actual first choice of the parents, they love this name and want to use it. Means 'beloved light'. Cons: Unusable outside of Wales. Doesn't have a nn option. If they use this name, they will either let people pronounce it Ley-kee outside of Wales, or they will use the middle name.

Would love your honest and detailed opinions!

Both names present difficulties so the parents should go with name they love most. I thinl Lu or Lee might be natural nick names.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

Both names present difficulties so the parents should go with name they love most. I think Lu or Lee might be natural nick names.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

Well I definitely know angharard is welsh,but prefer lleucu although the spelling will always be a problem and pronounciation. Since it's the welsh version of lucy/lucia can you not use lulu or something similiar as an easy to use nickname?
    Casper Dennis born October 2014

Girls - Ottilie, Daisy, Vivienne, Cecily, Fenella, Cecilia, Cordelia, Clementine, Cressida, Marguerite, Odette

Boys - Charles (nn Chip), MauriceMaddox, Octavius, Xander, Casper, Clarence, Clement, Cornelius, Bartholemew, Rafferty, Ferdinand, Winston, Sterling, Albert,

There are other Welsh names that are easier to pronounce. I know you said they want a Welsh name, but Yikes!
    My name is a Welsh name and people don't have too much trouble with it.
    Angharad and Lleucu are going to be difficult names to grow up with outside of Wales.
    Sometimes we can't always choose the one we love the most. I think they should go with Angharad. She can go by a nickname. Why don't they use Lleucu in the middle?