Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What Do You Think About These Goat Names?

I'm giving two or three pygmy goats a home soon. Here are some names I like for them.
    Amity
    Eris
    Verity
    Everly
    Felicity
    Lilith
    Lilin
    Kira
    Persephone
    Serafina
    Little Misses
    Cassia Poet~Poesy Caterina~Luna Helene~Cerelia Josephine~Persephone Eve

Mini Men
    Henry Theodore~George Gabriel~Coleman Henry~Allen Jeremy~Sampson Bienvenue

Characters
    Luna~Noemi~Jesse~Caroline

Guilty Pleasures
    Mayhem~Illyria~Allure~Lovely~Mischief~Sonnet~Disco rd

Rule of thumb for (most) pets, limit them to two syllables (unless you have a nickname they'll go by) and the best names end in a hard vowel. These types of names are the most identifiable for most animals to learn. I've seen a lot of people get a horse or a cat or a dog and try to name it something and then the animal starts going by a different name someone else calls them. Usually I hear them say "Oh, they must like that person better" when it's actually because the name they initially tried out was too complicated for the animal to even bother learning, and another was more easily adaptable. It's the same basic reason children learn words like "train" and "potty" before they learn "locomotive" and "septic system".

I bring this up because you have a lot of three syllable names. A name like Kira is great, but Serafina and Felicity are going to be pushing it, unless you decide to call them something like Sera and Lissy instead and just use the full names for the vets office and friendly conversation. A lot of these names are great, don't get me wrong, but they're not really practical for livestock.

I knew goats: Ruby, Emerald and their kid Munchkin. Get it?

I love Eris for a goat!

2 syllable names are easiest for animals to learn. If you don't expect them to learn their names or anything, then then I like Persephone and Amity.

Clara, Isla, Tessa, Flora, Greta, Eve, Zara, Celia

Oscar, Albus, Felix, Ronan, Wally, Wyatt, Henry, Asher