Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ewan: just a poor man's Owen?

I used to love the name Owen, but now it's insanely popular and that really turns me off. I've grown to really love Ewan (YOO-in). However, is it doomed to just be seen as the poor man's Owen? Also, is it just too close where it'll still be confused and/or overshadowed by all the Owens he will inevitably run into in his life? If that's the case, since I'm so turned off by Owen because of popularity, I don't see the point of considering Ewan if he'll just be confused with Owen anyway, ya know?
    Mom to Nora.

Current favorites:
    Declan (Decs/Dex). Griffin (Finn). Euan. John (Johnny).

Sylvie. Iris. Gwyneth (Gwen). Daphne (Effie). Piper.

I don't see Ewan as being similar to Owen. Totally different pronounciation. Yoo-in is pretty hard to mix up with OO-in, in my opinion!
    I also feel like Ewan while not being popular is still not a weird/strange name because of Ewan MacGregor making it a known name.
    Cheers,
    alphabetters

My beautiful babies:
    Elena Rose (Ellie/Laney) 2011
    Felicity Iris Ruth (Lissy) 2012
    Archer Lawrence (Archie) 2014

Favourite future names: Broderick Pearson (Brock) or Griffin Pearson (Griffers) & Georgia Pearl (Gigi)

although I must admit I've always pronounced it EW-an.
    Cheers,
    alphabetters

My beautiful babies:
    Elena Rose (Ellie/Laney) 2011
    Felicity Iris Ruth (Lissy) 2012
    Archer Lawrence (Archie) 2014

Favourite future names: Broderick Pearson (Brock) or Griffin Pearson (Griffers) & Georgia Pearl (Gigi)

Ah yes, another concern! I don't want people to think it is pronounced like that! :/
    Mom to Nora.

Current favorites:
    Declan (Decs/Dex). Griffin (Finn). Euan. John (Johnny).

Sylvie. Iris. Gwyneth (Gwen). Daphne (Effie). Piper.

I think mispronunciation would be a bigger issue than being confused with Owen. I like Ewan a lot, though--I greatly prefer it over Owen. You could also spell it Euan.