Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lila, Lilah, Lyla

Hi! I first saw the name Lila in my grandmother's yearbook from Havana, Cuba in the year 1957. It belonged to some beautiful distant cousin of hers, dressed in a poodle skirt, who I will never meet. I've loved it ever since. It is cute, sweet, vintage...perfect.

BUT even though I personally have never met anyone with this name, has it become too common? I hear Lily a lot and have read Lola is also on the rise, and these are obviously very similar.

Also, what is your perferred spelling? I know there are some pronounciation issues with the Lila spelling but I still think I prefer it. It seems sleeker some how to me, but I'm curious about opinions on that.

Still - I love this name. My husband and I are considering it a front runner for a possible girl coming in October. We like Lila Camille and Lila Catherine most.
    Last edited by cristinamaria; April 7th, 2014 at 12:38 PM.
    married to my prom date and best friend. anxiously awaiting our first baby, a girl called Luna, due in late October.

I love the name Lila.

I love the vintage spelling of Lila. Lilah looks like the Delilah has been cut off and Lyla is too similar to the male name Lyle. Lila Catherine is quite pretty.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Lila wins this one by a mile, for me.

As a Sara, I'm not a fan of superfluous h's, and the y spelling reads as slightly trendy, and does remind me of the male name, Lyle, as mischa mentioned.

Lila is lovely, and one I find myself circling back to. I do enjoy the Lilah spelling -- but that might be because my sister is a Sarah rather than a Sara. That said, it's not a strong inclination.

My thoughts don't go to Lyle. I slightly prefer Lila Catherine of your two combos.