Results 1 to 5 of 11
Thread: Opinions welcome
April 4th, 2014 12:49 AM #1Senior Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2013
So my hubby and I have made up a list of names and wanted opinions on whether you think the boys names and girls names work as sibsets. I have combos and want opinions as well. The middles are family names. So feedback would be appreciated. I know we have a mixed bag of popular and obscure names. In Australia various names that are considered popular on this forum haven't even hit the top 100.
1. Caitlin Honora
2. Eleanor Pamela - Nickname : Nell
3. Felicity Joyce - Nickname: Flis/Flick
4. Georgia Florence - Nickname: Georgie
5. Isabel Margaret - Nickname- Sibby, Ibby
6. Niamh Leila - No nickname as of yet
1. Elisha Seth - nick name: Eli
2. Jonathan David - nickname: Jon or Jonty
3. Micah Gregory - no nick name as of yet
4. Paul Joseph - no nick name yet
5. Tobias Daniel - Nickname : Toby
6. Zechariah John - Nickname: Zec/Zech
Last edited by dinahelsie; April 4th, 2014 at 01:08 AM.Boys:
Andrew Shane,Edmund Peter ,Jonathan David, Micah Gregory, Oliver James, Paul Joseph, Tobias Daniel
Girls: Alice Valerie, Clara Stephanie, Felicity Sarah,Georgia Florence, Isabel Margaret, Joanna Vivian, Kezia Leila,Lucy Julia , Noelle Joyce
April 4th, 2014 03:17 AM #3Senior Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2013
April 4th, 2014 07:33 AM #5Senior Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2013
From your girls list, i like #1 and #2.
From the boys list, only #2 and #5 are the ones i would consider.
April 4th, 2014 07:49 AM #7
I love so many!!
My favourite boy names are: Elisha Seth (not a big fan of Seth), Tobias Daniel, and Zechariah John- so many awesome Biblical names being used; I LOVE the name Elisha, it makes me so happy to see someone using it.
My favourite girl name is Georgia Florence, just stunning.
I think all your names work really well together, awesome jobTTC Baby #1
Austen Theodore|Elliott Hezekiah
Matilda Florence|Adelaide Elizabeth
April 4th, 2014 11:43 AM #9
1. Caitlin Honora - Caitlin is "dated" in North America and it has way too many spelling variations for me to even find it interesting anymore. Honora is ok. Caitlin Joyce would be another option.
2. Eleanor Pamela - Nickname : Nell - I love the strong and majestic Eleanor. Pamela is a name that may be ready for a comeback. Eleanor Joyce would be better.
3. Felicity Joyce - Nickname: Flis/Flick - I love the spirited Felicity but Joyce has "Joy" in it so it's way too much happiness in one name. What about Felicity Pamela?
4. Georgia Florence - Nickname: Georgie - One place name per combo is my guideline. I love both names but not together. There is also too repetitive "or" sounds in the combo.
5. Isabel Margaret - Nickname- Sibby, Ibby - This is probably my favourite combo. You can't beat two classics.
6. Niamh Leila - No nickname as of yet - It's one syllable so why would Niamh need a nn? This is an ususual pairing but I find it quite smashing.
1. Elisha Seth - nick name: Eli - It's wonderful to see Elisha being used for the correct gender. However, Elisha Seth is lispy with the repetitive s's. Elisha David would be much better.
2. Jonathan David - nickname: Jon or Jonty - Two classic names.
3. Micah Gregory - Micah doesn't need a nn. The c and g aren't ideal for flow. Micah Daniel would be a better option.
4. Paul Joseph - No nn is needed. Two fine names. Paul is underused.
5. Tobias Daniel - Nickname : Toby - I love the spunky Tobias. Daniel is ok in the middle spot.
6. Zechariah John - Nickname: Zec/Zech - there are many wonderful "Z" names from the Bible and this isn't too common. This combo flows well.
G/G - Felicity and Georgia OR Eleanor and Isabel OR Caitlin and Niamh
B/B - Jonathan and Tobias OR Paul and Micah
G/G/B - Eleanor, Isabel and Jonathan OR Felicity, Georgia and Tobias OR Caitlin, Niamh and Paul/Micah
B/B/G - Jonathan, Tobias and Felicity OR Paul, Micah and NiamhAll the best,