Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: What month would your baby be named after?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • January

15 9.49%
  • March

4 2.53%
  • April

17 10.76%
  • May

27 17.09%
  • June

31 19.62%
  • July

5 3.16%
  • August

39 24.68%
  • September

1 0.63%
  • November

16 10.13%
  • December

3 1.90%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by imogen_eve View Post
    I think November is quirky and sweet for a girl with nickname Nova or Ember..
    I love this explanation and nn potential!
    michael william & gabriel patrick | adelaide susanne & nadia eloise

Before I was born the LORD called me;
    from my mother's womb He has spoken my NAME
    ~ Isaiah 49:1

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    I thought that we may get more love for May.

rollo
    I am totally a May lover She's such a Spring beauty that I couldn't resist getting married in the month! It reminds me of luscious pinks and vibrant greens... these colors made our wedding so romantically breathtaking! My darling husband was born in this month (as well as Queen Victoria). And lastly, how stunning a name is May Allison?? She was a minor character in Victorian-penned Christian books I've adored for years. Sigh. May has all the right things going for her.

My mom's mn is June because she was born in the month, and my brother (who for some unknown reason loves the name Hazel) decided that if his wife wouldn't allow Hazel or June as a first for their last baby (all girls), he would give June as a middle. Avery June just celebrated her 4th month..

If I were to honor my mom, I could very well have the option of Pearl, Pearlina, Pearla, as that is June's birthstone. My brother's first daughter's name is Ruby after my late grandma, and the July birthstone both he and his wife share... which I think is WAAY TOO COOL! (I mean, how can you go wrong with family history AND personal association?) However, I'd much rather name a daughter Sapphire, perhaps even as a mn. For some reason, I've loved it since childhood and I feel it's just divine! Unfortunately for me, my husband also loved it until I read a thread and asked him if it sounded too much like a stripper name... But the bad association doesn't stop there. The Biblical Saphira, was as wicked as her name was gorgeous; in the end was struck dead for lying- yikes!
    Last edited by iwillpraise; April 6th, 2014 at 11:57 PM.
    michael william & gabriel patrick | adelaide susanne & nadia eloise

Before I was born the LORD called me;
    from my mother's womb He has spoken my NAME
    ~ Isaiah 49:1

My favorites are takes on June -- Juniper and Juno, nn Junie -- but DH vetoed those in our recent name search.

We are planning to use July in the middle spot for one of our girls, though. It's the month he and I started dating and the month we got married, and it will probably be the twins' birth month, too.

Absolutely October. I think it has the most beautiful sound for either gender.
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan

May is simply charming as a first name, but can become dull in the middle.