Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I'm with you- I like names that are easy to pronounce, spell, and recognize. My name was very popular in the 80's so people my own age get it right. Younger people and older people always get it wrong, and the spelling attempts are a joke. That said, has it ruined my life? Certainly not. It's annoying, but I'm sure we could all find something worse to complain about.

And here's the other thing, in the next decade, what seems like an uncommon name now might be the new Mary, Susan, or John, James of that era. It's just the way it is. So, like many other berries said, if you like it and you are comfortable with it- use it!

My name is nearly always spelled correctly, whether I use my full name (Margaret) or my nickname (Maggie). Once or twice, I've had Maggy, but that's usually someone who doesn't speak English well. I like that my name is so familiar, but not very common. I never had another Margaret in my class growing up.

Personally, misspellings really bother me because I had my surname hacked to bits my whole life. No one who doesn't know French can pronounce or spell it, and I've had people tell me over the phone while ordering products that I was saying it wrong (!!), usually from some one who has no idea about French. I will give my kids names with a simple spelling, but bearing in mind that in this day and age, with so many tryndee spellings, I think everyone will have to spell their names from time to time!
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

My name is Jo, and believe it or not, people misspell it ALL the time. I've had my name spelt JOOE so many times it's ridiculous!
    My full name, Josephine, people ask how to spell now and then, but they rarely ever misspell.
    I don't understand how people can spell a 9 letter name, and misspell a 2 letter name, but some people are idiots.

EDIT: Oh, and it REALLY bugs me when people give me the male spelling JOE. Prepare for a fight if you do that.
    Last edited by sunkissedchild; April 4th, 2014 at 08:06 AM.
    TTC Baby #1

Austen Theodore|Elliott Hezekiah
    Matilda Florence|Adelaide Elizabeth

I always use my nickname like Olly and it's almost always wrong. I got Oliver once but I don't really care. I think it's quite a ridiculous rule, honestly.
    Olympia
    Russian Lit student, bookworm, and arts geek.

Serena Elowen LivEmmeline Twila AliceSibyl Jemima IrisEsme Helena Mazarine
    Nathaniel Silvius Wilde Grover Elijah St JohnOscar Ignatius Cosmo Robin Hector Barnaby

I go to Starbucks too often, and my name is Allison. And maybe 1 in 4 times they spell it right. I get Alison, Alyson, Alysson, Alisson ect, even though Allison is the most common spelling.
    I don't think Maeve is too hard for most people to spell. Besides, in Starbucks, she could always give a fake name :P I have fun saying my name is Primrose and then when they call Primrose shouting "I volunteer!" - So not cool
    Henry, Viola, Ronan, Kayla, Wyatt & Tessa

Ginny, Jane, Leora, Eve, Bridget, Isla
    Adler, Gideon, Charlie, Atticus, Hugo, Caleb