Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I just wanted to say that Phoenix is a symbol that is designated as a feminine symbol in China, so that is a female only name for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bailibsmum View Post
    I get told my kids names spesh my daughters name is chavvy all the time its not.. but hey ho how people like to think is up to them.

Bailey< BOY - Not girl.

Peyton <Girl- not boy

Ashton< That is unisex if spelt different i.e Ashtyn (would say that was a fem version)

There are many unisex names i see as being 1 gender not both

but as eliot /elliott goes i can actually see this as being 2 genders but it has been made that was through the series scrubs i believe as the charater called elliot on there. I went through likeing hte name dsplet Elliette as can be used as Ellie for a girl- But mrs nephew is an Elliott.

Oh and P.S Dani/ Danie/ Danni is girls nickname of danielle name Danny/dan boys nickname of daniel.

As i am a dani and have a male friend called Danny (yes it can get a bit confuzzling) but at the end of the day danny is a boy and dani a girl to me.. dani as a boy looks wrong.
    The Elliot in Scrubs was given her name specifically because it was a boy name and her parents wanted a boy. Elliott has only recently been used as a girl name in the US, it showed up on the charts two years ago. It's been popular as a boy's name as long as we've had records, and not at the bottom either. It's hovered around 300 the whole time.

Some really rigid berries here would tell you there's no unisex names, but I disagree.
    Unisex - currently used for both genders. Gender ambiguous = unisex.

Some word names are nothing but unisex, (River, Rowan).

Just because Ashley was once a only a male name, doesn't mean it is still only a male name. Culture changes like I change socks.