Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Percy

Percy

I have loved Percy for a boy for the longest time, but lately I want to use it for a girl. I'm usually solidly against boys names on girls, but I feel like Percy really works for either gender. What do you think?
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan

I saw a Persephone nn Persy/Percy on a television show, once, but she was a Nazi spy who died rather violently, so that's sort of tainted my image of the name. I personally prefer it on the gentlemen.
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

I would keep Percy for a boy or... choose Persephone and give her Percy as a nn.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I actually really like Percy as a girl's name. I think it would be an especially cute nickname for Persephone. In my opinion, it's sound would work nicely for either gender.
    Brand new mama with a love for word names
    Poet Eulalie born May 2014
    Niamh Seraphine, Hero Juliet
    Ace Augustus, Dashiell Sage, Jude Maxwell

What Misha said. Percy by itself is all boy to me. I would go with Persephone or Persis with the nickname Percy. What about Mercy?
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Auntie to Q | Momma to a kit named Zola Bastet
    Could you check out these threads? Link 1 Link 2
    Girls | Combos | Boys