Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Agreed, technically I don't see a difference between Apple, Clementine or (one of my personal favorites) Huckleberry. Personally, I don't care for the sound of Apple, so that's really all I have against it. I do agree with Gwen about the silliness of the sound. Nipple, purple, dimple, apple. It sounds silly.
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Undomiel Snow ● Isabeau Sophronia Blanche ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Ilythia Swan

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

I think Apple is absolutely gorgeous. It's not ridiculous (or no more than Plum is)... it sounds young and fresh to me, with a soft yet energetic sound. It reminds me of Pippa.

Another one which feels very similar to me is Thistle... just adorably soft and fun and naturey. Bluebell and Nettle as well.

Whether I would like my name to be Apple is a different story, but honestly the more I think about it the more I would.
    Last edited by oliviasarah; April 3rd, 2014 at 08:30 PM.
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

I agree with you all. I also agree that it being a "celebrity first" name kind of takes away from its possible appeal. I do think Ms. Paltrow does get a lot of undue flack for using it though. The name actually seems to suit her daughter oddly enough.
    Mommy of Juniper Teagan & Pyrus Nikolai

Catkin Winifred, Owl Arianrhod, Celandine Ceridwen, Heliotrope Isolde, Nettle Chiyo, Chicory Tallulah, Pennyroyal Matilda, Wedelia Imogen, Mallow Araminta, Dandelion Jane
    Senna Lazarus, Bramble Gideon, Comfrey Azrael, Thistle Dorian, Huckleberry Iver, Larkspur Saul, Bear Cornelius, Yarrow Barnaby, Sol Aurelius, Hawthorn Otis, Centaury Eben

New Crushes: Criofan, Silver, Bastet, and Noctua
    http://bloominggardenofnames.blogspot.com/[

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by oliviasarah View Post
    i think apple is absolutely gorgeous. It's not ridiculous (or no more than plum is)... It sounds young and fresh to me, with a soft yet energetic sound. It reminds me of pippa.

Another one which feels very similar to me is thistle... Just adorably soft and fun and naturey. Bluebell and nettle as well.

I also adore gwen stefani, so maybe i'm biased towards her children's names (she's also the reason i wanted blue hair aged 7) but i genuinely think apple is lovely. Whether i would like my name to be apple is a different story, but honestly the more i think about it the more i would.

you like nettle!! :
    Mommy of Juniper Teagan & Pyrus Nikolai

Catkin Winifred, Owl Arianrhod, Celandine Ceridwen, Heliotrope Isolde, Nettle Chiyo, Chicory Tallulah, Pennyroyal Matilda, Wedelia Imogen, Mallow Araminta, Dandelion Jane
    Senna Lazarus, Bramble Gideon, Comfrey Azrael, Thistle Dorian, Huckleberry Iver, Larkspur Saul, Bear Cornelius, Yarrow Barnaby, Sol Aurelius, Hawthorn Otis, Centaury Eben

New Crushes: Criofan, Silver, Bastet, and Noctua
    http://bloominggardenofnames.blogspot.com/[

This is what I thought when Gwyneth chose Apple - there are better choices out there. I think an excellent alternative is Pomeline, which means apple in French.
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter