Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What are your thoughts on Dorothea?

I'm starting to crush on Dorothea quite a bit and would love some feedback. Dorothy is beginning to make her way back on the charts (#922), so I am hoping Dorothea, while not popular by any stretch of the imagination, would not instantly be recognized as an "old lady name." She sounds do jubilant and young to me!

The only concern I have with Dorothea is that she doesn't necessarily fit with the other names on my list (Eloise, Annabel, Felicity, Clara), which are also classic but more popular and light. Do you think Dorothea would stick out like a sore thumb if she were a sister to Felicity?

What are your thoughts of Dorothea Belle "Dottie?"
    Ashley l Christian l Journalist

Lorelei Anne, Hermione Iris, Rosalind Cora

Phineas Reid

I like the name Dorothea, but I prefer Thea as a nickname. Dottie is cute in a retro sort of way, but I think Thea will age better and sounds better with Felicity.

I prefer the somewhat reversed version: Theodora. Actually, I don't think Dorothea is too old ladyish at all, and would pair well with Annabel and Felecity, etc. Dottie however strikes me as an old lady nickname, along the lines of Flo. I too prefer Thea. Which has a spunky, light feel.

Dorothea Belle is a darling combo.

No, I think Dorothea is fine next to Felicity. If it was Dorothea and Kilee-Mae, maybe. I absolutely adore Dorothea. Dottie is an adorable nickname.

Not a fan. Sorry. However I really dislike Dorothy as we'll.