Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Top 3 Names

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thessaly Blair Hernandez

18 28.57%
  • Amelie Blair Hernandez (I still like it with the accent, but it's not necessary)

35 55.56%
  • Maisie Blair Hernandez

10 15.87%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Maisie Blair if you prn it maze ee.

Quote Originally Posted by geeknamezyo View Post
    Definitely Amelie! Amelie Blair flows perfectly. You could always use the accent informally (and just not have it on official documents.)
    I think as far as legal names in the U.S. go, accents are simply not recognized - so as far as government databases are concerned Amélie and Amelie would be the same (and on printouts would be shown as the latter). The accented version would be the more "authentic" one, so if you want to enter it as such on the birth certificate you probably could, but on things like her SS card and driver's license it would probably be shown as Amelie either way. Regardless I think it's a great name (and got my vote).

Maisie or Amelie! Please, don't go for Thessaly - it's like Cecily with a lisp to my ears, haha.

I think Maisie is probably your best bet - Amelie would likely be misread as Amelia and mispronounced as Emily.
    Girls: Amelia, Ava, Emily, Sophia, Ella, Freya, Charlotte, Millie, Eva, Florence, Matilda, Eleanor, Martha, Violet, Clara, Betsy, Mabel, Ada, Lillian, Minnie, Tillie, Doris, Edna

Boys: Harry, Charlie, William, George, James, Alfie, Joshua, Archie, Henry, Daniel, Edward, Harrison, Adam, Matthew, Michael, Liam, Callum, Louis, Albert, Andrew, Ernest, Darcy

~no matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world~

Thessaly! SO beautiful and underused. Definitely would be my top choice.

I like Amelie pronounced am-eh-lee, but if you're considering the accent I assume you're saying ah-MAY-lee? Maisie is alright... it's been trendy in the UK for a while; I'm sort of tired of it. It just doesn't feel that special.
    ★ O L I V I A ★
    (seventeen, student/traveller, obsessively maternal - with a darling black cat named Shura)

Emmett - Alec - Rufus - Wilfred - Eoghan
    Trudie - Fenella - Aoife - Jemima - Polly

I voted for Amelie Hernandez because it flows much better than Maisie Hernandez I think that the 'z' sound in the latter combo is a little too much.
    Psalm 23