Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which name for Lena's Sister?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cora Bridewell Kavanaugh

20 47.62%
  • Magnolia "Nola" Bridewell Kavanaugh

15 35.71%
  • Alexandra "Lexie" Bridewell Kavanaugh

7 16.67%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Oops--Trying again: Cora, Nola or Lexie?

Having a terrible time naming our second daughter. Our first daughter is Eleanor, but we only really use her nickname, Lena. Trying to decide between these 3--Cora is at the top, right now, but my concern is having a first name that start with a C and then a last name that starts with a K. Is that nothing to be worried about? Thanks, Berries!
    Last edited by jonaandida; April 3rd, 2014 at 09:39 AM.

Cora is my pick from you list. Beautiful name! Nola seems too close to Eleanor and Lexie is too far off in style. Cora fits perfectly.

There's nothing wrong with the C and K names. In fact, I think Cora sounds best with your last name! Lexie and Lena would be confusing because they sound too much alike, and Nola almost sounds like Lena mixed up. I'm afraid you will get tongue-tied calling both of those. Cora is just perfect!
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

I like Alexandra with Eleanor however for a nickname I prefer Ally which sounds nicer with Lena.

I dont love Cora with Eleanor but it sounds ok with Lena.

Cora sounds great with your last name so I wouldn't be concerned about that if it is your fave.

Alexandra sounds the best with Eleanor. Lexie is not ideal for a nickname (Sexy Lexie). You could use Sasha, Alix, Allie, Annie, Andie, Xana, Lexa, Andra, Sandy, Alexa etc...Any one of these is preferable to the overly cutesy Lexie.
    All the best,
    Mischa.