Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How to honour a Maurice

Hello dearest berries,

I intend to honour family members in my children's middle names. The most important man in my life's name is Maurice. I'm personally not a fan of the name (at all) but I do wish to honour him in some way. I am considering using Amaury. Is that too far off in your opinion? Do you have any other suggestions?

First name will be Sébastien, Luca or Cédric, so I'd love to have your opinion on which one goes best with Amaury or with any of your suggestions.

Also, it would be great to get opinions on sibsets. What would you think of brothers names Sébastien nn Bash, Luca & Cédric? With sisters Éloïse, Camille & Sophie-Anne? I was wondering if it looks weird to have two siblings with the same first initial if not all the others have it ie. Sébastien & Sophie-Anne, Camille & Cédric...

I know it's a lot of questions, but I appreciate your help so much!
    Mickie

| Éloïse | Camille | Sophie-Anne |
    | Sébastien | Luca | Cédric | Théo | Éliam |

First off I LOVE Sébastien & Cédric and all your sibsets go so well together. I don't think having certain initals the same and others not is a problem at all! Et j'adore la citation dans ta signature, je viens de lire le Petit Prince! Quelle belle histoire Bon bref, to honour Maurice, that's quite tricky, I think Amaury is just about doable! Or there is Morris, or Morrison (I know a boy with this name and it really suits him)

Boys Names I'm Loving

Henry, James, Hugo, Albert, August, Rupert, Arthur, Heath, Victor, William

Girls Names I'm Loving

Audrey, Emma, Simone, Eleanor, Meredith, June, Katherine, Delphine, Dorothy, Juliette, Celeste, Alice, Joy, Iris, Emmeline, Cora

Please vote on my name list!

I really don't like Amaury. It's a little bizarre in my opinion, and opens up to many Amore jokes.

When the moon hits your eye like a big-a pizza pie, that's Amaury.

I also happen to like the name Maurice, and if it's a middle name I don't see the problem. You can also use Morris, Mauro, Morys, and Moritz. They all work well with Sébastien, Luca or Cédric. Sébastien, Luca and Cédric are all such nice names (though if you're in the US I would suggest Anglicizing them and dropping the special characters. Most US agencies can hardly handle a simple hyphen, I don't have much faith in them handling an accent à droite) and the sibling names are so nice, Amaury would be a weird stain. That would be like having Elizabeth, George, Christopher, and Neveah.

Besides, Amaury isn't even a derivative of Maurice. It's a francophone (moi, aussi, au fait) version of Emmerich, essentially.

Abca : Merci!! Thank you for your help and lovely comments! Morisson is a bit hard to pronounce in French but it would be a cute option!

Maepae : Thank you for your opinion!! I'm starting to lean a bit more towards just using Maurice, I keep changing my mind! I got to Amaury because Maury is a derivative of Maurice, but after getting many "Maury Povich" comments, I found Amaury. It does bother me that it's not the same name, though. I live in Canada, in a bilingual province, so accents/hyphens aren't an issue here at all - but thanks for looking out! I know it would be impossible in the states.
    Mickie

| Éloïse | Camille | Sophie-Anne |
    | Sébastien | Luca | Cédric | Théo | Éliam |

I can sympathise with you as my Grandfather is named Maurice and I would love to honour him, but can't see a way of using the name.
    All you sibsets are beautiful
    My only suggestion would be to be aware of using Cedric Maurice - as there is a famous British artist named Cedric Morris. It may not affect you but almost all my friends would notice this! x
    GIRLS
    River | Luna | Ezri | Winter | April | Lyra | Annika (Anni) | Piper

BOYS
    Atlas | Miles | Hunter | Casper | Indiana | Jem