Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

why not use your last name as their mn

My middle name of lissette was my mums last name.
    I always liked that i have not only my fathers last name but my mothers as well and when i was little i thought everyone did that!
    I also did this with my sons giving them my last name as their middle names.
    Just thought i would put it out there incase people maybe hadn't considered the option

I kind of wish I could do that in the future when I come to having kids. Only problem is the fact my surname does not fit with any of the names I like, and I would be very restricted if I had to choose names that did go well with it. At the moment I'm just banking on my male cousins to carry on the family surname.
    Wholocked, history and chemistry loving teenberry (16).
    Hoping to be a mummy in the very distant future. Dreaming of...
    Pandora Valencia FaeEvanthe Lyra Annabeth
    Little Misses
    Caspian Sherlock WalterPhoenix Arthur Blaise
    Mister Men

Crushing on... ✦ ClioVictorianaBelladonnaFabianJayHamish
    "'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    • Mycroft Holmes • Sherlock (BBC) • His Last Vow •

Actress Courteney Cox's family does this. I personally wouldn't do it.

Current Favorites
    August - Daniel - Erik - Heath - Leo - Ronan
    Eve - Fiona - Johanna - Lana - Lena - Sally

I have actually considered this as an alternative to a double-barreled last name. I decided to go with the DB last name as I want to use the middle spot as an honoring. I think it's a great idea though. Of course not all of us have such a lovely choice as Lisette! What a great last name to middle name!

I am considering it for my future son's middle. My maiden name is Benoit, which is commonly used as a first name here in Canada, so it would work nicely for a boy's middle name. However, mine is one of those rare names that work, many wouldn't work as well. For example, I've met a Nolan and a Jamieson who followed that rule and those work great. However, some wouldn't work, like Scherbotskey, Granger, Lebrun etc.
    Mickie

| Éloïse / Élise | Camille | Sophie-Anne | Laurianne |
    | Sébastien | Luca | Théo |