Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Hello all! Thanks so much for all the suggestions during this crazy journey! Man I can't wait until that first good night of sleep we all get!!

I tried dream feeding last night. Woke him after 3 hours, fed him, put him back down. It went fine, but he didn't sleep his full 6 hours again, he woke up every 3 after that. And after his next waking he still stayed up an hour or so before going back down! Wish he hasn't picked up that habit! Hoping its just a quick phase!

Tonight I gave Jem his bath, and rocked/bounced him for a while. Put him down for the night at 7:30, then half an hour later I hear him 'talking'! That's never happened before! So I went back in, gave him paci. He started to fall into REM sleep twice before finally waking completely. I put him in bed with me to feed and am now rocking him down! Wonder if this will be a new thing?

I am still struggling to find what is 'right' for us as far as parenting style goes, which dictates how he will sleep! I like aspects of both attatchment parenting and a more routine and scheduled sort of parenting. I feel like he is still so little and I like attatchment parenting because I just want him to be comfy and happy and 'natural'. But at the same time I am going crazy with him only being able to sleep on my chest at times. He sleeps in his rocknplay less and less every day! Part of me thinks we should just crib train him and be done with it! I read some of 'the baby whisperer' book today. I like her method of training without the crying and trauma! She says it works best to train them before 3 months. Basically by putting them in their cribs, and if they cry, pick them up, comfort them or take care of their needs, and put them back immediately. I guess the first night it can takes hundreds of times before the baby falls asleep, but then lessens and usually they can go to sleep on their own the first time by the third day. Not sure it'll work with our little guy but we might try. Like I said, I'm just not sure what I want! Just trying to help him find his way and get in his own rythyms! It's just hard when his 'rythym' seems to be falling asleep on me and waking minutes after being put down! Ugh!

Oh well! Every day and night is something new. I'm sure we will find our way soon!

Off to try and set him down! Wish me well!

I agree it's tough to find a balance between attachment parenting and a routine!

I liked the sleep lady technique because it was not traumatic (didn't involve any crying at all). You could also read the No-Cry Sleep Solution!

The hardest part is sticking to a routine when you're exhausted! But I think at Jem's age it would be best to stick it out and have him be able to fall asleep alone now, even if you partially cosleep to breastfeed. That's what I plan to do with my 2nd.
    Lillian Elizabeth 6.16.13

Just remember its all temporary & Jem will find his own rhythm, so if you stay flexible & try not to stress yourself out you will be able to go with the flow & cope a little better. Try and give him a good nap later in the afternoon if you can (maybe you can even eat diner in peace!) so when he gets up, feeds & plays you can give him a bath & he'll hopefully go down for the night sometime between 10-2 & have his longest stretch of sleep then. I never wake my babies up to feed, I find its too much work trying to get them to eat when they aren't hungry enough (and then they don't eat much & end up waking up a few hours later anyway) & its really frustrating when you try to do that & then they won't go back down after.
    You gotta do what works for you momma!
    Azula "Zu" Rosemary
    July 2012
    Indira "Indie" Coral
    January 2014

Planning ahead for our next additions