View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Anastasia

42 41.18%
  • Annabel

60 58.82%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    I think Annabel is elegant and romantic, it reminds me of the Edgar Allan Poe poem - Annabel Lee

little Miss or Mister due 22nd November 2014 <3

Annabel feels like a country bumpkin name to me. I think it's because of the animated movie about the cow Annabelle that was released when I was younger.

Thus, I prefer Anastasia. This name is so rich, regal, and spunky to me. When I hear it I picture dark purple velvet. I can see it fitting a person in any profession, from brief-case carrying lawyer to a free-spirited artist. It's a very commanding name and feels weighty and powerful, but you can always lighten it up with a nickname if you wish. That's why I like it.
    Happily married, lifelong name nerd currently in medical school

Not expecting any little ones anytime soon, just looking for some naming fun!

Love them both! But at the same time they both feel very different. Annabel feels more classic, intelligent, feminine. Anastasia is more exotic and spunky. I love Stasi as a nn.

I think Anastasia is a lovely name for someone else, but If I was going to use a name it would be Annabel. I find Anastasia very frilly while Annabel is a simple, but classic beauty.
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Could you check out these threads? I'll return the favor.
    Link
    Link

Rosemary Gloria ~ Lilith Seraphine ~ Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys

Anastasia by far! I don't like most the -bel names. They seem infantile and frilly.
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Undomiel Snow ● Isabeau Sophronia Blanche ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Ilythia Swan

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander