Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Middles for Aurelia - something unusual with historical/mythological/botanical ref?

Ok so 8 weeks to go, but we are struggling to find the right middle name for a girl...

We are set on Aurelia as the first name. I have posted a couple of times before, but am having trouble locating them, so hoping this is the last! I really want a name with some awesome reference, whether it be a literary, mythological or historical figure, a botanical reference or just something really interesting but not trendy or tacky. Aurelia seems to be gaining popularity so I want to make sure she still has something different in the middle in case. As much as I want the name to flow beautifully, I can't stand the thought of using a 'filler' name for that reason alone. Names that start with vowels, or end with 'a' or 'n' seem to not go as well though....

Our boy name is Peregrine Lyons "Penn", and we are so happy with it. The last name will be Forman, sister is Iris Ophelia and half brother is Orrin. We live in Australia.

So far we have:
    Aurelia Nimue - my current favourite, but is it too much pronunciation?
    Aurelia Arrietty - hard to say?
    Aurelia Artemis - ditto
    Aurelia Guinevere
    Aurelia Lyons - Family name, but too masculine?
    Aurelia Lyonesse - ref to Lyons family name, authentic Arthurian name, but could be taken for tacky yooneek spelling?
    Aurelia Fern - doesn't feel as special as others
    Aurelia Maeve - feels a bit filler-ish, but like the Irish mythology connection

Names we like but have ruled out for various reasons include: Hazel, Clementine, Sage, Violet, Fiammetta, Etta, Pomeline...

Have we missed any? Would love to hear your suggestions or thoughts...

Thanks
    Last edited by sorrelorelei; June 20th, 2013 at 09:12 AM.
    Long time name lover...

DD - Iris Ophelia (2011)
    D? - due August... Peregrine Lyons or Aurelia ?????

Aurelia Iris would be absolutely stunning and ticks all the boxes!

We think the same but really didn't want to double up with her sister's name!
    Long time name lover...

DD - Iris Ophelia (2011)

Quote Originally Posted by sorrelorelei View Post
    Ok so 8 weeks to go, but we are struggling to find the right middle name for a girl...

We are set on Aurelia as the first name. I have posted a couple of times before, but am having trouble locating them, so hoping this is the last! I really want a name with some awesome reference, whether it be a literary, mythological or historical figure, a botanical reference or just something really interesting but not trendy or tacky. Aurelia seems to be gaining popularity so I want to make sure she still has something different in the middle in case. As much as I want the name to flow beautifully, I can't stand the thought of using a 'filler' name for that reason alone. Names that start with vowels, or end with 'a' or 'n' seem to not go as well though....

Our boy name is Peregrine Lyons "Penn", and we are so happy with it. The last name will be Forman, sister is Iris Ophelia and half brother is Orrin.

So far we have:
    Aurelia Nimue - my current favourite, but is it too much pronunciation?
    Aurelia Arrietty - hard to say?
    Aurelia Artemis - ditto
    Aurelia Guinevere
    Aurelia Lyons - Family name, but too masculine?
    Aurelia Lyonesse - ref to Lyons family name, authentic Arthurian name, but could be taken for tacky yooneek spelling?
    Aurelia Fern - doesn't feel as special as others
    Aurelia Maeve - feels a bit filler-ish, but like the Irish mythology connection

Names we like but have ruled out for various reasons include: Hazel, Clementine, Sage, Violet, Fiammetta, Etta, Pomeline...

Have we missed any? Would love to hear your suggestions or thoughts...

Thanks
    Hmm...
    Aurelia Nimue - I think for me their are far to many sounds going on in the combination. It's far to over-whelming. I would say something like Aurelia Niamh would work better than Aurelia Nimue which just doesn't work.

Aurelia Arrietty - I hate the fact that the name is a run of two unusual 'A' names with many vowels and sounds it makes the combination too much and slightly crazy. The alliteration is also an issue. It's seems far to 'try hard'.

Aurelia Artemis - Great names, very powerful with beautiful sounds and connotations but it's too much. The flow is off.

Aurelia Guinevere - This is my favourite so far. I love Guinevere the name is very elegant and timely. Guinevere adds so much grace to Aurelia. The combination sounds effortless. I really love it.

Aurelia Lyons - I actually really love it. Aurelia is a beautiful choice very feminine but she has a lot of vowels and does feel like a mouthful at times. Aurelia in my eyes needs simplicity and Lyons adds a touch of simplicity in a really intriguing way. I don't find Lyons too masculine especially as a middle name for something like Aurelia. I honestly love it!!

Aurelia Lyonesse - Far too much!! Visually looks really unappealing and ruins the class of Aurelia.

Aurelia Fern - I like the simplicity Fern brings to Aurelia. Aurelia Fern does have a very elegant feel and the name flows well together. Yet I agree she doesn't have the 'wow' factor of the other choices. Yet in retrospect it does make the combination far classier and less crazy like some of the other combinations.

Aurelia Maeve - Maeve sounds so elegant with Aurelia. Love the sound of the combination!

My favourite is Aurelia Lyons followed by Aurelia Maeve.

Thanks tori101 for your really specific thoughts I feel very similarly to a lot of your comments, and am really torn between going plainer but classier and something I feel more passionate about but sounds more full on. I personally have a really intense name which makes it hard as I have really grown to appreciate it as I got older, but I know that it can be annoying too...
    Long time name lover...

DD - Iris Ophelia (2011)