Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on Montag?

Hey guys. What do you think of the name Montag? We would pronounce the "tag" part of the full name like the "tog" in "toggle". It would be sort of to honor the main character in Fahrenheit 451. We are huge literary nerds. Potential sibling names on our list might be Rupert, Lyra or Juno. We're also thinking a potential nickname could be Tag--pronounced like the game. So...what is your first impression?

Also, If it helps you get a feel for out naming style, I started thinking about the name because of this list: http://www.britishbabynames.com/blog...-elegance.html

Montague is on that list but I don't like that as much as Montag.
    Caitlin Ann & Robert Curtis a.k.a Caitie & Curt
    Newlywed and Namenerd (well kinda, 9.3.12)
    Auntie to Morgan Ellen, Jason Lee, Stana Marie, Shanna Lynn, and Eva Jean

I love family names, literary names and familiar but uncommon names. Feel free to suggest some!

Rupert~Milo~Montag~Atlas~Lucian nn Luc~Frederick nn Fritz~Tavish~Xavier~Sebastian~Henry nn Hal/Hank
    Lyra~Penelope~Juno~Valentine nn Lena~Harriet~Beatrice~Rhiannon~Philippa nn Flip~Coral~Rose

Hi I love your potential sibling names Rupert, Lyra and Juno!! Montag however is a completely different style. And it´s German for monday To me it´s not a name at all. But you have to choose whatever you feel comfortable with. May I ask why you don´t want to use Rupert first (Rupert Montag ln)?
    Fav. Girls Names: Rosalie, Amalia, Isa-Lea, Marisa Zaney, Sophia Florence, Adriana Louise

Fav. Boys Names: Tristan, Theo, Quentin, Jannik, Colin, James, Bennett, Benedict

Fav. combinations: Rosalie Delia, Amalia Lucia and Jerry Benedict, Theodore James

Oh no! I didn't know the Monday connection... we have a German surname, though we live in America, and the German side is several generations ago... Does anyone else agree that it is totally unusable?

Thanks for your input, though, @mnj87, Rupert Montag is an option I'm open to. I just thought little Tag would be so cute. My sister-in-law is a German teacher though. She's probably think I'd lost my mind.

Any other suggestions or first impressions? I'm open to anything anyone wants to add.

I love family names, literary names and familiar but uncommon names. Feel free to suggest some!

Rupert~Milo~Montag~Atlas~Lucian nn Luc~Frederick nn Fritz~Tavish~Xavier~Sebastian~Henry nn Hal/Hank
    Lyra~Penelope~Juno~Valentine nn Lena~Harriet~Beatrice~Rhiannon~Philippa nn Flip~Coral~Rose

Well, if you have German ancestors and a German lastname in a way it would make sense to give your future child a German word name. Does a monday play a special role in your life? Maybe you met your husband on a monday? That way you would honor your heritage and have a reasonable explanation on why you would like to name your boy Montag, nn Tag.
    Fav. Girls Names: Rosalie, Amalia, Isa-Lea, Marisa Zaney, Sophia Florence, Adriana Louise

Fav. Boys Names: Tristan, Theo, Quentin, Jannik, Colin, James, Bennett, Benedict

Fav. combinations: Rosalie Delia, Amalia Lucia and Jerry Benedict, Theodore James

We were married on a Monday!! How funny that you brought that up!