Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I kind of love it. It's a wonderful sound and my favorite of the musketeers. I also think of Aravis from the narnia books, although it's nicer with an m to me. Good name, cool references...but possibly a bit much irl. MN definitely.
    Julia. Teenage lifelong name nerd and future mother

Nathan, Robert, David, Eli/Eliot, Francis/Franklin/Frank, Samuel (Sam), James (Jamie), Erik, Rowan, Theodore (Teddy/Ted), Avery, Hector, Benjamin (Ben), Luke, Joseph (Joey/Joe)

Eulalia (Loula/Lou), Mary, Catherine (Catlin/Cat), Fern, Honor, Louise, Olivia, Anna/Anne, Joanna, Jane, Laura, Rose, Aoife, Charlotte, Elaine

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain--Vivian Greene

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    I like Aramis. I've never understood whether it was actually meant to be his surname/title though, like D'Artagnan's is.
    No, me neither! I just thought Aramis, Athos and Porthos were their actual (as in first) names, and D'Artagnan chose to go by this name in honor/remembrance of his father?
    Calista Isabelle~Lucas James
    Mackenzie Evanna~Angelique Felicity~Annabelle Primrose~Aria Ingrid~Hermione Orla~Anwen Ivy~Leah Juliette~Rosalie Fleur~Melodie Arielle~Emmeline Marlowe~Hazel Journey~Cecelia Reverie~Rae Athena~Esme Summer~Indigo Penelope~Liliana Luna~Piper Willow~Isla Genevieve~Amelie Beatrix

Augustus Nico~Henry Logan~Jace Oliver~Jasper Kyle~Micah Jackson~Seth Anthony~Finley Wyatt~Aramis Evan~Caspian Timothy~Orion Leo~Hugo Edwin~Gabriel Frederick-Dashwood Charles

I think it's a usable name--but that may be because I know a 4 month old named Aramis Scott. I asked my husband what his first impression of the name was and he said he would always think first of the musketeer. If you like that connection, then I see no reason not to use it. Aramis is most popularly known as a musketeer so it's an inescapable association but I'd consider it a positive association.

I just want to add(having not read the other comments yet) that I think Ari is a super usable nickname. A quick wiki search for Ari will bring up a HUGE list of people and characters named Ari.
    Aunt to Morgan Ellen, Jason Lee, Stana Marie, Shanna Lynn, and Eva Jean

Rupert~Malcolm~Montag~Atlas~Lucian nn Luc~Frederick nn Fritz~Gareth nn Gray~Xavier~Sebastian~Henry~Desmond
    Lyra~Penelope~Juniper~Juno~Valentine~Harriet~Beatr ice~Rhiannon~Philippa nn Flip~Coral~Rosalind~Rose~Lillith

Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    I know a little Aramis! He thinks it's cool that no one else has his name. He gets compliments on it all the time. The only thing I would say is that sometimes it sounds like he, or the other kids are saying "air-miss". No biggie.
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe

Quote Originally Posted by penelopeann View Post
    I think it's a usable name--but that may be because I know a 4 month old named Aramis Scott. I asked my husband what his first impression of the name was and he said he would always think first of the musketeer. If you like that connection, then I see no reason not to use it. Aramis is most popularly known as a musketeer so it's an inescapable association but I'd consider it a positive association.

I just want to add(having not read the other comments yet) that I think Ari is a super usable nickname. A quick wiki search for Ari will bring up a HUGE list of people and characters named Ari.
    Thank you! Ari is an adorable nickname I've never heard of a cologne called Aramis, my thoughts have always just been of the Musketeer - definitely not the worst character to be named after though
    Calista Isabelle~Lucas James
    Mackenzie Evanna~Angelique Felicity~Annabelle Primrose~Aria Ingrid~Hermione Orla~Anwen Ivy~Leah Juliette~Rosalie Fleur~Melodie Arielle~Emmeline Marlowe~Hazel Journey~Cecelia Reverie~Rae Athena~Esme Summer~Indigo Penelope~Liliana Luna~Piper Willow~Isla Genevieve~Amelie Beatrix

Augustus Nico~Henry Logan~Jace Oliver~Jasper Kyle~Micah Jackson~Seth Anthony~Finley Wyatt~Aramis Evan~Caspian Timothy~Orion Leo~Hugo Edwin~Gabriel Frederick-Dashwood Charles