Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What do you think of the boy name Aramis?

Title says it all really . I love Dumas' work (including, of course The Three Musketeers and sequels) and think Aramis is a strong, "cool" name. But is it too much to use in real life? What do you think of when you hear Aramis? What would you think of a little boy/teen/man who introduced himself as Aramis?

Also, what middle names do you think would work well with Aramis? I feel that if you're going to go for an unusual first name, you should choose a more classic "easy to wear" middle just in case. Also, what nicknames? And sibling names would you imagine would go with Aramis?

By the way, I'm not pregnant or thinking of having children. Just got a love of unusual names! Thanks in advance guys
    Calista Isabelle~Lucas James
    Mackenzie Evanna~Angelique Felicity~Annabelle Primrose~Aria Ingrid~Hermione Orla~Anwen Ivy~Leah Juliette~Rosalie Fleur~Melodie Arielle~Emmeline Marlowe~Hazel Journey~Cecelia Reverie~Rae Athena~Esme Summer~Indigo Penelope~Liliana Luna~Piper Willow~Isla Genevieve~Amelie Beatrix

Augustus Nico~Henry Logan~Jace Oliver~Jasper Kyle~Micah Jackson~Seth Anthony~Finley Wyatt~Aramis Evan~Caspian Timothy~Orion Leo~Hugo Edwin~Gabriel Frederick-Dashwood Charles

I'd opt for Ariston...Aramis sounds like a French cologne or a girl's name. It could work if the kid didn't object to frequently explaining its origin.

@rkrd yeah, that's what I thought - that it was so unusual that many maybe wouldn't be familiar with the origins (unlike some other literature-based names). At least it's not a completely bad association though - great character
    Mackenzie Evanna~Angelique Felicity~Annabelle Primrose~Aria Ingrid~Hermione Orla~Anwen Ivy~Leah Juliette~Rosalie Fleur~Melodie Arielle~Emmeline Marlowe~Hazel Journey~Cecelia Reverie~Rae Athena~Esme Summer~Indigo Penelope~Liliana Luna~Piper Willow~Isla Genevieve~Amelie Beatrix

Augustus Nico~Henry Logan~Jace Oliver~Jasper Kyle~Micah Jackson~Seth Anthony~Finley Wyatt~Aramis Evan~Caspian Timothy~Orion Leo~Hugo Edwin~Gabriel Frederick-Dashwood Charles

Just when I've started getting into The Musketeers! Sticking with the literary theme here, and (for once) I'm going to suggest Caspian as a sibling. Caspian and Aramis! Or Aramis and Evander, (maybe Aramis Evander).
    I quite like it with some more classic names: Aramis Theodore (Love this), Aramis Timothy, Aramis Lysander or Aramis Benjamin. Or some less classic ones from my list (that also happen to end in o, and have 4 syllables): Aramis Leonardo, Aramis Fiorenzo, or Aramis Valencio. I've also never heard of the cologne thing. And anyway, I like the name, and love the character!
    Wholocked, history and chemistry loving teenberry (16).
    Hoping to be a mummy in the very distant future. Dreaming of...
    Pandora Valencia FaeEvanthe Lyra Annabeth
    Little Misses
    Caspian Sherlock WalterPhoenix Arthur Blaise
    Mister Men

Crushing on... ✦ AmadeaGeorgianaViolaPtolemyArchieHamish
    "'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    • Mycroft Holmes • Sherlock (BBC) • His Last Vow •

Quote Originally Posted by myosotis View Post
    Just when I've started getting into The Musketeers! Sticking with the literary theme here, and (for once) I'm going to suggest Caspian as a sibling. Caspian and Aramis! Or Aramis and Evander, (maybe Aramis Evander).
    I quite like it with some more classic names: Aramis Theodore (Love this), Aramis Timothy, Aramis Lysander or Aramis Benjamin. Or some less classic ones from my list (that also happen to end in o, and have 4 syllables): Aramis Leonardo, Aramis Fiorenzo, or Aramis Valencio. I've also never heard of the cologne thing. And anyway, I like the name, and love the character!
    Thank you! Yes, someone told me it was a men's cologne but I've never heard of it. Maybe it's a French cologne/just not around in Britain? Ooh, I've never thought of Caspian but I actually quite like it. It does sound nice with Aramis! Aramis Theodore is lovely, but I quite like Aramis Timothy as well