Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ursula?

I know one Ursula in her twenties. She's Welsh and goes by Ursy. I was surprised when I first heard her name but I got over it pretty quickly. She seems to be getting along with it ok. I don't know how she feels about the Disney connection.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

I know a seven year old Ursula and she rocks that name. Her family calls her Susu. It might be the girl herself rather than the name, but to me Ursula feels very different from the character it represents on the Little Mermaid. To me it sounds gentle and playful rather than sultry and aggressive. Ursa is just as good IMO.

I love it...had a teacher named Ursula, but the Disney association will be a problem for a few years (ages 3-10, at most).

I have always liked Ursula. I associate it more with Friends, (Pheobe's twin sister) than with Disney. I don't like name association and like to think each person has their own aura to their name. It only takes one Ursula to make the name beautiful!

I'll be the black sheep and say that I don't like Ursula. It just doesn't sound "pretty" to my ears. Maybe it's an acquired taste?
    "Walter. That’s good. I’ve never known a little kid named Walter. It seems like an old man’s name, but I guess you have to start somewhere."