Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What are your Opinions on these names?

So my husband and I are currently trying for a baby, so we’re putting together a list of names that we like. My husband insists that we have to have formal names, regardless of Nicknames, so I have what I would call the child in parenthesis. What do you think of these combos? BTW, our last name starts with a C and is two syllables.

For the Girls:
    Emilia Faye (Emma)
    Alexandra Finley (Al, Allie)
    Kathryn Elizabeth (Kate)
    Audrey Kathryn
    Lindy Dianne – This would be in honoring both of our mothers.
    Lillian Elizabeth (Lily)

We also like Riley, Faren, Brielle (Bree), and Laura.

For the Boys:
    Jonathan Asa (Jack, or Jonny)
    Clark Alexander

After that we’re at a loss for boy names. My husband is a HUGE superman fan, which is where Jonathan (Superman’s father) and Clark (Clark Kent) came from. He loves the name Kal, from Kal-el. But I am NOT a fan. We came up with Kalvin…but it’s really not my favorite. I love the names Ben and Danny, but he doesn’t like the formal versions of them. I want to have all “A” middle names, if we can, for the boys. Anders, Adam, and Asa are all family names I would be willing to use.
    Opinions? Suggestions?

My favorites are -

girls:

Emma
    Kathryn Elizabeth (although I prefer Catherine Elizabeth or Elizabeth Catherine)
    Lillian
    Lily

(suggestions - Emme, Lilias, Lilia, Bryn)

boys:

Jack
    John
    Asa (this one is growing on me)
    Charles Hawthorne "Charlie" o Jack Wilder o Theodore Boone "Teddy"
    Sophie Jane Magnolia o Emma Eloise Maebry o Anneline Elisabet Winter

crushing on - Piers Lachlan, Tadhg Emerson, and Maebry Eloise
    GP - Wilder Thackeray and Story Anneliese
    -------- o -------- ~ o ~ -------- o --------

heart my son

I think Emilia Faye is quite lovely. It sounds light and airy. I love Asa and Alexander more than your first names of Jonathan and Clark. I prefer Jonathan to Clark as a first name because I love the spunky Jack so much. Does Clark sound ok with your "C" surname?
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Emilia Faye is gorgeous. I also like Audrey Kathryn. (Audrey Elizabeth would be nice too.)

I prefer Jonathan Asa to Clark Alexander. I like the gentler sound--soft yet still masculine.
    Cora Esme Hazel Matilda Sylvie Thea Willa Zara
    Archer Emrys Jasper Julian Leo Rhys Sawyer Theo

Emilia Faye- It’s very pretty, but why not have Emma as her formal name? It’s perfectly legitimate.
    Alexandra Finley- I love Alexandra! It’s so lush sounding. Finley sounds rather masculine to me. What about Alexandra Faye?
    Kathryn Elizabeth- This is Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge’s name, spelled differently of course. It’s lovely and Kate is one of my favorite nicknames.
    Audrey Kathryn- Audrey always reminds me of Ms. Hepburn- a great association, in my opinion. Her full name was Audrey Kathleen, similar to Kathryn.
    Lindy Dianne- Lindy sounds much less formal to me than Emma! I don’t really like it.
    Lillian Elizabeth- I love both names individually, but there’s just too much “L”.
    Jonathan Asa- It’s very handsome.
    Clark Alexander- I love this! Clark is one of my favorites, but it might clash with your surname.

Here are some other boy names:

Bruno Alexander
    Caleb Asa
    Gardner Asa
    Shepherd Asa
    William Asa
    Beckett Booker Cormac Cruz Dashiell Donovan Finn Hudson Jude Matteo Miles Zane

Bronwyn Cameron Delilah Georgia Lark Maisie Paloma Sam Sasha Siena Violet Willa