Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Planning ahead for the next one(s)

So, I think its obvious my husband and I are a little out-there in the naming department. We had a hard time naming our second daughter and I found that extremely stressful. To avoid that anxiety with our next pregnancy I'm trying to get a head start on making a list before we TTC. We intend to have at least one more child, there is also a good chance we would have fraternal twins due to my genetics.

We plan to have some kind of nature name for the middle, for all our kids. My husband also likes family names, those have asterixes... If we used those it would be along with another nature themed middle. Coincidentally Rosemary and Coral both being nature themed also happen to act as family honour names (for my mother & for my husband and grandmother).

Do you think any of these go particularly well alongside Azula Rosemary & Indira (Indie) Coral?
    Can you think of any great combos, or other suggestions?

Boys:
    Atlas (this is our favourite boy name right now), Archer, Cole, Fox, Heath, Heathcliff, Hawthorne, Orson, Rufus, Sage, Sterling, Thornton, Thorvald, Zane, Zephyr
    Erickson (for Erick)*, James*, Jason*, Micah (for Michael & Michele)*... We also have a John & a Rudy we'd love to honour, but not crazy about the names themselves. Jade.

Girls:
    Anja, Audra, Elowen, Esparanza, Frida, Gwyneth (honours Gwen)*, Gaia, Hazel, Juniper, Lorelei, Mira, Niamh, Nova, Perlita, Pomeline, Rudy (for some reason I prefer this for a girl over a boy)*, Ruby, Saffron, Valencia, Willow, Zafira, Zia, Raven, Winslet, Maeve

Edit:
    Additions from your suggestions:
    Boys: Forest, Linden, Ivan (for John)*, Mitchell (for Michael/Michele)*, Bear, Crane, Hendrik, Rohan, Mars, Caspian
    Girls: Iris, Jade, Eleni, Junia, Rue (for Rudy)*, Perdita, Cosima, Elora, Freya
    Last edited by katieydenberg; April 14th, 2014 at 09:56 PM.
    New username is @ truenature

Atlas is perfect in your sibset!

Atlas Erickson Fox
    Atlas Erickson Sage
    Atlas Erickson Zephyr

For girls, I like Elowen, Gaia, and Nova. Elowen is my favorite, but if you want it to end in -a to match Azula and Indira, I like Gaia best.

Elowen Juniper
    Elowen Arbor
    Gaia Snow
    Nova
    "Walter. That’s good. I’ve never known a little kid named Walter. It seems like an old man’s name, but I guess you have to start somewhere."

Your naming style is amazing.

I think Elowen, Juniper, and Saffron are my favourites for the girls.

As for boys I honestly think Atlas is just the most perfect name. I also really like Micah and Zephyr.

As for nature names what about...

Blossom
    Briar
    Dahlia
    Iris
    Magnolia
    Maple
    Meadow
    Orchid
    Primrose
    Rain
    Snow
    Willow

Bay
    Birch
    Forrest
    Linden
    Oak
    Wolf
    les filles ~ Constance Elowen Fiona Georgia Hazel Ivy Juneau Magnolia Pearl Viola

les garçons ~ August Frederick Hugo Isaac Jude Lincoln Magnus Otis Rhys Theodore

I think Audra is a really neat name but might be a little bit matchy with Azula.

With your girls, I like Lorelei or Mira for a third daughter and Cole or Heath for a boy.

So, not to hijack your thread but I was wondering about Azula...would you tell me a little bit about how you picked it? It's got a very pretty sound. I'm trying to look up its meaning/origins and I'd love to hear more about the name. Are you and your husband really into "Avatar: The Last Airbender?"
    Mom to James Daniel (10) William Joseph (9), Elise Marie (7), and Zachary Allan (1)
    http://letterstoauntkay.blogspot.com/

TTC #5
    Claire Patricia, Cecilia, Serena (Seri), Audrey, Rose, Naomi, Maisie, Kate, Adele, Georgia, Lucy, Linnea
    Thomas, Paul, Henry, Miles, Arthur, Luther, Samuel, Seth

DH's "approved" list:
    Claire, Seri, Naomi, Amy, Diana, Lucy, Kate/Katie/Katherine, Audrey
    Thomas ("maybe")

I think you need a fabulous name to go with your daughters names. I think Atlas and Esparanza are wonderful choices to go with Azula and Indie. Atlas Fox(x) James is perfect. Most of your other choices for boys just don't seem special enough to work in the first name spot with your daughters' names. (I do like them, though.)

I would eliminate the following as first name choices:

Boys:
    Archer, Cole, Erickson*, Heath, Heathcliff, James, Jason, Micah, Sage, Sterling, Thornton, Zane

Girls:
    Audra, Frida, Gwyneth, Juniper, Gaia, Lorelei, Mira, Nova, Rudy, Ruby, Willow

Since Esparanza means "hope, expectation", I think it would be nice with one of the following (or a name that means the following):
    truth, love, faith, peace, etc. Carys and Ife mean love. One of the meanings for Shiloh is peace.

Nature names that may pair well with Esparenza:

Violet
    Rio
    River
    Elm
    Blosom
    Clover
    Magnolia (or Nolia)
    Daisy
    Delia
    Fawn
    Wren
    Nightinggale
    Dove
    Cyan
    Ashbury
    Harvest
    Maple
    Ash
    Mapleton
    Isle
    Rain
    Dawn
    Jade
    Sapphire
    Onyx

Other names to consider (girls and boys): Calliope, Calypso (boy or girl), Bixby, Briar, Rafferty, Ashby, Gatsby, Sequoia (boy or girl)
    Son: Jacob Milton
    Granddaughter: Shiloh
    Grandson: Niko

Current favorites:
    Jensen, Althea, Alliyah, McKaili, Lilliana, Everly, Briar, Kiley, Madilyn, Athena
    Elijah, Noah, Sebastian, Theo, McKia