Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I'll try to compress my responses so I'm not spamming the board.

rowgeese - Thank you, I love Atlas! Atlas Erickson was a combo I thought of, I always have trouble liking combos with two middles but I like it with Fox & Sage. I like Elowen too, but in my head I always stress the wrong syllable (apparently you're supposed to put the emphasis on the O: elOHwen as opposed to what I want to say, ELLowen) so I don't know. I had a dream we used that for Indira though while we were still name searching for her.

caligal - I'm trying to convince my husband to like Juniper, so far it doesn't appeal to him but I find the more I nag him about a name the more he will agree just to get me to shut up! So we'll get there. Micah I have as a family name, it's actually a nod to my MIL Michelle and my brother Michael. Too much of a stretch? Thanks for the suggestion of Iris, I will add that to my lit for possible middles. And Forest & Linden too perhaps!

mill1020- Damn! You're right, Audra is too similar to Azula. Crap. I had the same problem when I fell in love with Athena. It took forever to get over that one. I am really loving Mira right now but too rhimey with Indira? Also, I am nuts about Cole but DH isn't going for it. I love Heath but would the initials HH be weird? Our last name starts with H.
    And okay it is totally nerdy but, yes, we chose Azula while watching Avatar: The last Airbender (the cartoon series). My husband really liked the series so we watched it together while we were dating and as soon as they introduced the character Azula I was like OH HELLO EXCUSE ME THAT NAME IS AMAZING. Fell in love with it on the spot & made my guy pinky-swear to name our future daughter Azula if we ever had a girl. I wouldn't say we're SUPER into the show but we did watch through it once or twice and I thought it was pretty good. I know lots of people think Azula is a poor choice because the character was "evil" but I figure she had plenty of good qualities too, so whatever. Most of the time I tell people my daughter's name is a feminized derivative the Spanish word for blue (Azul is a legit name, & so is Zula). I did read one source that said it meant Demon in Hindi or something, but I can't find that now so it might be from a different spelling/variant. I've never seen Azula in any naming books though. People seem to either love it or hate it, its like the cilantro of names.

pamjs99 - Thanks for all the input! Yes isn't Esperanza lovely? I think its so beautiful & sexy sounding, with spunky nn Anza & such a strong meaning. It's definitely a contender. I never thought of using Elm as a name. I kind of love it and am also kind of confused by it. Love your suggestion of Jade though, I'm not sure why I hadn't thought of that. DH loves Onyx but I just think of that stupid rock pokemon (I used to work with kids) so that's a no-go for me.
    Last edited by katieydenberg; April 1st, 2014 at 03:36 AM.
    New username is @ truenature

Azula {and} Indira {and} Ananta, Kalyani, Kumari, Mohana, Savitri

{Hindu/Sanskrit names}

Source: Behindthename.com
    "Close your eyes and think about it.

Which name do you really, really love the most?

Go with the one that makes you smile every time you say it."

--Suelain Moy, author

Azula and Indira are gorgeous! I've enjoyed watching your naming journeys on here For their siblings, I would consider...
    Esmee
    Isabeau
    Delphine
    Zephyrine
    Keziah
    Junia
    Amity
    Isolde
    Calliope
    Oriana
    Eleni
    Amoret

Lysander
    Zephyr
    Caspian
    Evander
    Lorcan
    Barnaby
    August
    Heath
    Oscar
    I'm twenty with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Cecilia * Margo *

* Theodore * Hugo * Edmund * Felix * Lysander *

First of all, I just want to say that I love your naming style. So many of your names are on my list.

Here are a couple combo ideas: Cole Hawthorne, Hawthorne Sage, Zephyr Erickson, Nova Saffron, Nova Juniper

And suggestions...

Soraya
    Romilly
    Zorah
    Azalea
    Zinnia
    Jessamy
    Jessamine
    Imani

Grove
    Roscoe

I've been admiring your taste in names from afar for a while now! I especially love the balanced combos you've come up with -- just the right touch of unusual and familiar.

Azula and Indira are perfect together in that they exude both warmth and elegance. Here are the names that I think have the same feel:
    Atlas
    Archer
    Forest
    Hawthorne
    Linden
    Rufus
    Sterling
    Also, maybe you could use Ivan to honor John?

I really like the idea of an E name for another girl!
    Elowen
    Esperanza
    Hazel (so lovely with Azula & Indira, but it doesn't match well for popularity, I guess)
    Juniper
    Lorelei
    Pomeline
    Saffron
    Valencia

Willow and Ruby seem like perfect middle names to go with Rosemary and Coral.

Names you might also like:
    Cassia
    Della
    Etana
    Florence
    Iva
    Irene
    Jessamine
    Lark
    Lavinia
    Liesl
    Marian
    Marilla
    Miriana
    Naomi
    Rowena
    Sarai
    Zipporah

I hope that helps!
    Not expecting, just planning and building lists!