Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I absolutely adore Beatrix. I'd be a little concerned about it getting more popular only because of the whole Divergent series because the main character's name is Beatrice. I've never read the books or seen the movie, but my husband and I went to the movies last week when Divergent just came out and it was CRAZY. No idea how widespread popularity it has or will have. So while the actual name Beatrice could gain popularity, it's so close to Beatrix. It definitely bums me out because I love both names. I guess only time will tell.

Anyway, I LOVE Bibi! It's perfect. I don't like Trixie, either. And I love Clementine. Have you considered Imogen? It seems to have a similar feel.
    Mama to Nora.

Current favorites:
    Declan (Dex). Griffin (Finn). Ewan. Graham. August (Gus). Colin. Ian. Wesley (Wes). Cyrus. Leland (Lee). Rufus.

Gwyneth (Gwen). Elise. Bronwen (Bonnie). Zoe. Edith (Edie). Piper. Ivy. Josephine (Josie). Margot. Carys. Sylvie. Eve. Iris. Esme. Phoebe (Bee). Kaia.

Quote Originally Posted by sllah View Post
    I absolutely adore Beatrix. I'd be a little concerned about it getting more popular only because of the whole Divergent series because the main character's name is Beatrice. I've never read the books or seen the movie, but my husband and I went to the movies last week when Divergent just came out and it was CRAZY. No idea how widespread popularity it has or will have. So while the actual name Beatrice could gain popularity, it's so close to Beatrix. It definitely bums me out because I love both names. I guess only time will tell.

Anyway, I LOVE Bibi! It's perfect. I don't like Trixie, either. And I love Clementine. Have you considered Imogen? It seems to have a similar feel.
    Oh I hadn't thought about the Divergent thing (I liked the character names as a whole, usually when I see Nameberry-esque names in books/films I feel like it's trying far to hard *cough John Green cough*, but in this case I thought they were used well). I just hope it doesn't affect Beatrix as much as Beatrice.

Nice to see more Bibi support too! I wish it was usable on it's own, but I do love it as a nn for Beatrix.

I love Imogen - it's one of my favourites! Also very popular in the UK (about 50 I think?) unfortunately but I don't mind as much for some reason... probably because it's been popular for a while, less of a sudden fad. I know several Imogens but none of them are under 10.
    olivia, seventeen, obsessively maternal with a lovely black kitten Shura

a few close to my heart;
    Emmett - Eoghan - Alec - Wilfred - Oberon - Nicholas - Hugh
    Polly - Estella - Jemima - Billie - Imogen - Eilidh - Fenella

I loooooove Beatrix. I don't know how it's perceived in the UK, but here in the US it's the farthest thing from trendy (although that could always change.) Beatrix feels like a bolder, more fun twist on Beatrice, and X is definitely a rare [in names] and underrated letter, so naturally I can't help but love Beatrix. Also, Beatrice is so classic that I think I'd be okay with it (and Beatrix as well) no matter how popular they got.

I think Beatrix is #4 or 5 on my list right now. If I used it, I'd go with nn Trix (yes, it's a cereal, but it also sounds kind of badass.) Bibi is cute and definitely works, though. Of your combos I especially like Beatrix Eilidh and Beatrix Fenella.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Mazarine Cosima Odette Iphigenia Cleo
    Emmett Kieran August Malcolm Zephyr

My first thought was "Beatrix, trendy? how?! it can't be anywhere NEAR the top 10/100." I checked and it isn't, at least in the US. #272 in the UK doesn't seem that high either, especially factoring in the much smaller population and thus much fewer babies given the name- as in, there were probably fewer girls named Beatrix in the UK than there were girls with the #272 name in the US. Here in Canada, I've never met a Beatrix and only one Beatrice (who says it bay-uh-triss). So trendy is the last thing I'd worry about with Beatrix.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Scarlett, Portia, Felicity, Juliet
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

Quote Originally Posted by bonfireazalea View Post
    My first thought was "Beatrix, trendy? how?! it can't be anywhere NEAR the top 10/100." I checked and it isn't, at least in the US. #272 in the UK doesn't seem that high either, especially factoring in the much smaller population and thus much fewer babies given the name- as in, there were probably fewer girls named Beatrix in the UK than there were girls with the #272 name in the US. Here in Canada, I've never met a Beatrix and only one Beatrice (who says it bay-uh-triss). So trendy is the last thing I'd worry about with Beatrix.
    Smaller population - but we're much closer together! (plus if we're comparing it to Canada... the population is much larger isn't it?). And rankings are based on percentage of babies given the name, not the number so population is irrelevant, really.

I don't know, I guess I'm just mourning the fact Beatrix isn't the rare, nostalgic beauty I'd like it to be, or previously had perceived. I've never actually met a Beatrix either (a couple of little Beatrices, a close family friend has the most adorable little blonde Bea!) so maybe I'm overreacting. I don't even plan on having children for quite some time anyway!
    olivia, seventeen, obsessively maternal with a lovely black kitten Shura

a few close to my heart;
    Emmett - Eoghan - Alec - Wilfred - Oberon - Nicholas - Hugh
    Polly - Estella - Jemima - Billie - Imogen - Eilidh - Fenella