Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

a sister for Anastasia, with mn Carolyn?

So my husband and I have decided that all our middle names will be our grandparents' names.
    His maternal side: Albert and Doris
    His paternal side: Martin and Mary Esther
    My maternal side: Maurice and Alberta
    My paternal side: Carl and Carolyn

Our daughter's name is Anastasia Alberta, nn Annie. Our second child (gender unknown) is due in 3 weeks. We have a boy name (Tobiah Carl) but for girls... I thought we were all set with Tabitha Doris, but my husband says that he'd like to use Carolyn for this middle name. He'd also like to continue with Greek names, but what he wants is Aritae - pronounced "err-ih-tay". I think a)she'd have to correct people on how to pronounce/spell her name all her life and b)I'm not sure I want two A girls.

So in one corner we have Aritae Carolyn, in the other... ___ Carolyn.

Thoughts on Aritae? Or other names for a sister for Anastasia using the mn Carolyn?

Aritae - am not keen as it sounds made up.

Thoughts -

Hermione Carolyn

Emmeline Carolyn

Saskia Carolyn

Aurelia Carolyn

Good luck

My all time favourite Greek name is Calista, but I'm not a fan of the double c sound with Carolyn. How about Daphne, Antonia, Melina or Sybilla?

Aritae is pretty but yes, there will be pronunciation and spelling problems. My real name is rare and no one ever spells or pronounces it right and it doesn't bother me much so I think you shouldn't worry too much about that. More important is how you feel about the name. You don't seem too excited about it, but if you do love it go for it! Aritae Carolyn is very pretty.

Suggestions:

Danae
    Georgia
    Elisavet
    Katerina
    Nikoleta
    Theodora
    Marianna
    Melina
    Petra
    Xenia
    Delphina