Results 6 to 10 of 56
Thread: Please Pick & Rank
March 30th, 2014 07:05 PM #6
1) George- I have such a soft spot for George. George and Alice are divine.
2) Clark- very charming.
3) Arthur- I like Arthur and Alice but I have a weird issue with sibs having the same beginning letter. That is just me though!
4) Peter. Alice and Peter are adorable together.
5) Edward- I love Edward but Edward and Alice are to Twilight for me.
Other suggestions: Harry, Frederick, Paul, Henry, Theodore, Luther, Simon.Rainbow Baby (a boy) Due Early November 2015!
March 30th, 2014 07:13 PM #8
1) Arthur - assuming shared first initials aren't a concern.
2) Clark - really like this one with Alice!
3) Edward - yep, definitely a Twilight-y vibe, but I love the nns, so it cancels out.
4) George - Nice, if a little unremarkable.
5) Peter - I've just never liked it for some reason. To me it feels a little bit...snivelly, maybe? Goes well with Alice, though.Gwen
College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"
Odette • Cosima • Viola • Ailsa • Coraline
Emmett • Kieran • Prosper • Zeke • August
March 30th, 2014 07:18 PM #10
March 30th, 2014 08:10 PM #12
March 30th, 2014 08:21 PM #14Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2013
Thanks for the excellent feedback thus far. I'm not sure this makes our decision any easier!
A few of you highlighted some of my thoughts and concerns. I'm reluctant to use Arthur because of the matching initial issue. If Arthur and Alice were separated by another sibling this would be less of a concern. My partner's name also begins with A, which rather makes matters worse. Additionally, I agree that Clark (unfortunately) lacks the depth and history of our other name choices, including our girl picks (Helen Beatrice & Jane Sylvia). We really like the sound of Clark, though (and I like that the word lark is tucked away in there). Edward and Alice often rings too Twilighty to me, as well. I'm also not super keen on "Ned," and this is the nickname my partner and his sisters want to use.
It seems that leaves George and Peter as top picks. I'm not sure how I feel about Peter a lot of the time. I love its literary connections, but the name itself doesn't typically give me major warm fuzzies.
George was my great-grandfather's name, which is a bonus. I also love its meaning. Would Alice, George, Helen, and (possibly) Jane work, if we were to have two more girls? I like to think/plan into the future when naming!
Thank you so much for your help. Please keep the votes coming!
Last edited by ellaminnowpea; March 30th, 2014 at 08:24 PM.