Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Charlie for a girl?

Hey Berries!
    I was just wondering what your thoughts are about having the first name Charlie for a girl? Not as a nickname of Charlotte/Charleen. To me, I don't think it is very masculine, I think the biggest problem is that most people think of it as a boy name. What is your opinion on the name?

Thanks

Either way, I feel like Charlie is more like a nickname. It's like naming your daughter Maddie. Not Madison, not Madelyn or Madeleine, just Maddie. I definitely prefer it as either Charles or Charlotte. A more formal name gives a child a professional name to fall back on if they desire.

I love Charlie, for a boy. I have Charlie Hawthorne on my long list. I personally cannot see it as a full name for a girl. Charles is nice, it's actually a family name, but I prefer Charlie.
    Maebry Eloise o Emilia Sunday o Annabel Birdie
    Piers Lachlan o Roan August o Gray Everett
    -------- o -------- ~ o ~ -------- o --------

heart my son

I had always thought of it as a name for a boy....but this year, I teach a little girl named Charlie. That is her given first name and she is ADORABLE. It suits her SO well, it has changed my perception of the name. I can see it on a girl, but only after having met one!

Current crushes:
    Girls: Adelaide, Fiona, Nora, Molly
    Boys: Benjamin, Levi, Miles/Milo, Sebastian, Theodore, James, Remi/Remy

My best friend is a Charlotte, she has always been Charlie to her friends. At work (she is now a doctor) she prefers Charlotte, it's more professional. Babies don't stay young forever, I like names that kids can grow into. There is also Charlize.