Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sibling for Konrad

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum. We recently welcomed our son, Konrad Wolfgang, into our family. His name is spelled the German way, with a K, to honor my husband's heritage and his middle name, Wolfgang, is a family name. Of course now that he's here, my mind is wandering off and thinking about potential sibling names. Below is a list I've been keeping in my head. What do you think of the names and how do they sound as a sib set with Konrad? Any other suggestions? I look forward to hearing from you all!

Girls:
    Wilhelmina (found in my family tree and I weirdly like it. My husband loves the idea of Minnie as a nickname and I like Mina. Is it too off the wall though to use though? Too hard to spell?)
    Adelaide (nn Ada)
    Rosalie (nn Rosie)
    Augusta
    Louisa

Middles (all family names):
    Marie
    Patricia
    Jane

Boys:
    Hugo - our favorite right now, but something about it just seems off with Konrad. Am I crazy?
    Kai (My husband's favorite. The repeated K initial doesn't bother me, as K names are used often on my husband's side, but my issue is that the name sounds incomplete)
    Killian (too Irish next to our german first-born?)
    Reginald (Rex) (family name)
    Rufus

Middles (all family names):
    Joseph
    John
    Frederick

I'd also love any suggestions you may have!!

For some reason I could see Amelie and Alaric working as a sibling to Konrad. Matilda would go well with Konrad too.

From the names you like I think all of the girl names would be great as a potential sibling, but especially Adelaide and Wilhelmina. From your boys I think Hugo goes best with Konrad. Wilhelmina is a bit of quirky name and there is potential spelling problems, but I think people will get the hang of it.

Wilhelmina Jane
    Adelaide Jane
    Hugo Frederick

Some German Suggestions:
    Anselm
    Anton
    August
    Axel
    Dominik
    Edmund
    Elias
    Gunther
    Henrik
    Isaak
    Jeremias
    Johann
    Johannes
    Jonas
    Leopold
    Marius
    Matthias
    Oskar
    Rainer
    Roland
    Sebastian
    Tobias
    Viktor

Agnes
    Anneliese
    Aurora
    Beata
    Dorothea
    Flora
    Hanna
    Hannelore
    Helena/Helene
    Ingrid
    Iris
    Johanna
    Leonie
    Lydia
    Magdalena/Magdalene
    Miriam/Mirjam
    Odilie
    Ottilie
    Petra
    Philippa
    Sabine
    Saskia
    Silvia
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Ice Cream!

Rosemary Gloria ~ Lilith Seraphine ~ Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys

I like the idea of using something very Germanic with Konrad but really anything classic and bilingual fits here.

All of your girls names work. I particularly like Wilhelmina and Augusta, because, like Konrad, they make me think of German royalty. Adelaide, Louisa are English forms of German names so they also share that traditional/aristocratic vibe. Even Rosalie, being vintage and romantic, seems to go well with Konrad.

As for your boys names: I don't think they fit as "logically", but they could work. My favorite, surprisingly, is Konrad and Killian (or even better: Kilian, the spelling used in Germany) —*I really like when siblings have (distinctive!) same-initial names, even though this could limit your choices if you have further children. I also like Hugo and Kai but I worry it feels too "light" in comparison to Konrad. I do think Kai would make a great nickname for something longer —*Nikolaus (the traditional long form IIRC), Kayetan, Karl, Kasimir, Kristian, Kaius/Caius?

Some suggestions (based mainly on your names)
    Konrad & Adela
    Konrad & Amalia
    Konrad & Amalie
    Konrad & Katharina
    Konrad & Karoline
    Konrad & Friederike
    Konrad & Marie "Minnie"
    Konrad & Josephine
    Konrad & Johanna
    Konrad & Klara
    Konrad & Klementine
    Konrad & Rosamund / Rosamunde

Konrad & Reinhold (German form of Reginald)
    Konrad & Maximilian
    Konrad & Friedrich
    Konrad & August
    Konrad & Patrick
    Konrad & Johan / Johannes
    Konrad & Gustav
    Konrad & Ludwig / Louis
    Konrad & Bruno
    Konrad & Karsten
    Konrad & Kaspar
    Konrad & Kasimir
    Konrad & Korbin / Korbinian
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.

Congratulations on the birth of your son.

One of my favorite German boys names that begins with K is Kurt. Konrad and Kurt. Kurt Frederick sounds great. Another great K names is Klaus. Konrad and Klaus. klaus Frederick.

Another idea for a brother's name would be to use k at the end. Erik Joseph works well. Konrad and Erik. Or perhaps using the k sound at the end spelled with with a ch - Ulrich John. Konrad and Ulrich.

As for a sister, my favorite on your list is Augusta. Konrad and Augusta .. Augusta Jane is beautiful. Louisa is another great choice and I would probably go with Louisa Marie.

If you wanted to use a k name for a sister, Karolin is rather nice. I like Karolin Patricia. Konrad and Karolin. Another rather traditional German girls name that. I like is Gretchen.
    Konrad and Gretchen. Gretchen Marie would be my oick in that case.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.