Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Help naming 3rd baby boy, please!

Husband is Griffin, sons are Grayson & Graham. Our last name also starts with a G.

For baby boy #3, we've been having a really hard time choosing a name. We're open to anything and have searched extensively, but nothing we've come across feels "right" like with the first two. The closest we've come to deciding on something is Spencer Noah (Spencer is a family name, Noah is going to be part of his Hebrew name), but have gotten lots of feedback we should definitely choose another "G" first name so he won't feel left out. Easier said than done, as we don't love any "G" names we haven't already used! Believe me, we have looked at them ALL. Plus, it's confusing enough with 3 G's in the family, would 4 be too much?

The only "G" name hubby and I would possibly consider is Garner. We are partial to using Spencer in some capacity since it's a family name (even though it was our top choice for a girl's name, but this is likely our last child and saving it would be silly). So, opinions please:

Spencer Noah
    Spencer Garner
    Garner Noah
    Garner Spencer

Baby due in 6 weeks - any responses & suggestions appreciated!

If you don't love any "G" names, don't force yourself to use one. I think Spencer Noah is great, and it sounds like it has lots of meaning for you!

The important thing is to LOVE the name so I would go with Spencer Noah (two names ending in "er" aren't ideal). If you do decide to go with another "G" name, I would avoid the "Gr" letter sequence and choose something like...

Galloway
    Gannon
    Garnett
    Garnock
    Gage
    Garrett
    Garrison
    Garson
    Garrick
    Gavin
    Geraint
    Gethin
    Gideon
    Glenrowan
    Gordon
    Godfrey
    Golden
    Gower
    Guildford
    Guthrie
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Spencer Noah is lovely. I don't necessarily think this one would feel or look left out without a G name. What is your first initial - maybe you could consider using that initial for this baby, if you are in fact worried about the littlie 'fitting in'?
    Zena
    Reverie Sunniva| Lalita Freyja| Ariadne Lilja | Octavia Blithe
    Emrys Ari | August Rune

Quote Originally Posted by sunniva View Post
    Spencer Noah is lovely. I don't necessarily think this one would feel or look left out without a G name. What is your first initial - maybe you could consider using that initial for this baby, if you are in fact worried about the littlie 'fitting in'?
    My name starts with a K - a couple of those made the "big list" but were eventually eliminated from consideration.

We're not necessarily worried about the name fitting in, but it started to make us wonder when 95% of family, friends, and complete strangers tell us we "should" or "have to" choose another G name. Funny how people are so comfortable sharing their opinions without being asked!

G names were not chosen on purpose with our first two - we just happened to really love those names. It has been refreshing that the responses here so far support we should pick the name we truly like best. Thank you all for taking the time to help us with this decision!