Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Too quirky even for a middle name?

It's either a stroke of genius or stupidity, but... Chickadee? (as a middle name)

Hear me out. I've always been into birds and bird names of all kinds - Lark, Sparrow, Wren, the usual. I'd even consider Birdie as a cute nickname for a future daughter, related to her name or not. I was trying to come up with names that relate to my favorite types of birds and this came to mind.

I have really wonderful childhood memories of my mom taking me to the park to feed the birds. Geese of course, but there were also chickadees at the park who, if you held thistle seeds out in your palm and stood still for long enough, would come and land on your hand to eat. Sometimes they'd even sing a little for you. It was just magical to me at that age, that these little shy, beautiful creatures would come to you if you were patient enough. (It was also probably magical to my mom because it was an excuse to make me stand perfectly still and quiet for a while!) But I still remember their fluffy little bodies all puffed up in the winter, and their tiny scratchy feet and charming little black caps.

Would it be absolutely insane to use it in the middle? Most likely a double middle, a la Alice Chickadee Marie? I have a feeling the answer is probably yes, but I welcome thoughts! TIA
    "I have found the one whom my soul loves"
    k ♥ m

Leona · Vivian · Florence · Beatrix · Zelda
    August · Barnaby · Winston · Atlas · Milo

I had a friend from Maine (the state bird is the black-capped chickadee) who I nicknamed Chickadee, but personally I think it suits a nn better than even a mn since it is so cutesy. Sorry.
    若兰

I'm just a third-culture girl with an affinity for names.

I don't think it's all that bad, different for sure, but if it is something you are attached to, I don't think it's all that bad, especially if it conjures up such wonderful memories. It will be something she can talk about, and will be unique to her. I like the double middle idea, works well.
    Name Nerd

Lads who've caught my eye:
    Owen Matthew ~ Arthur Grant ~ Henry Raphael ~ Noah Atlas

Ladies who've snared my heart:
    Ingrid Noel ~ Madeleine Sloane ~ Catherine Eloise ~

TBH...yes. It's too quirky. It's just a really "out there" name. Sorry.
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Here is a whole thread on Chickadee http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...Hipster-Sister
    Hoping for a 2015 baby!

Current loves: Clara Elizabeth, Anna Katherine, Katherine "Kate" Marie, Elisabeth "Elsie" Ann, Elizabeth "Libby" Ann, Ann(e) Marie, James Kent, Patrick Kent, Peter Allen, and Henry Allen

Top Ten Little Ladies: Clara, Katherine, Catherine, Elizabeth, Elisabeth, Ann, Alice, Kate, Violet, Anna,
    Top Ten Little Lads: James, Patrick, Peter, Henry, Arthur, Benjamin, Grant, William, working on the rest

If I named a baby tomorrow: James Kent or Clara Elizabeth