Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Warner?

Hello All,

If our third child is a boy we would like to honor my husband's beloved grandpa Werner (middle name Herman) by naming the baby Warner. The Nameberry page is for Warner is not very positive however. I am not worried whether or not it is the type of name that everybody will love, I do worry though that it is the type of name he might be embarrassed about or get teased about. What do you think? Is Warner a difficult name for a boy to go through school with?

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts.

It isn't my favorite name, but I certainly don't think he'd be teased or that it would be hard to wear. It fits with the two syllable "-er" ending name trend and I think would go well with many other kids' names these days.

Nameberry only says that the names ties to Hollywood don't give it any pizzazz. Not very informative. Jack Warner was a big studio head in the Golden Age of Hollywood and there is Warner Bros. Studio. The name isn't my style because it's too surname -y. All I hear is "warn her". Personally, I would use it for a middle name to honour your DH's grandfather.
    All the best,

Northern England
    Ignore absolutely all that the Nameberry staff have to say about names. Ironically they're very very negative about anything outside of their tiny-perfect-name bubble (Eleanor, Sylvie and Max from what I can tell). Just ignore it; a better source for meanings etc. is, they're much more reliable and you don't get the snide remarks.

I really like Warner, and I'd *definitely* use it if it's got family significance.
    olivia - eighteen (finally!), england but sometimes canada. i like names, film & philosophy.
    i'm desperately maternal! some beloved ideas;

Emmett CrispinRosemary Oona (Romy)
    Wilfred Jack (Wilfie) ○ Sibyl Georgia (Billie) ○ Rufus EoghanMavis MargaretEdgar AlecMaude Evangeline Hugh Baez (Hughie) ○ Fenella Briar (Nell)

crush: eudelia !

I think Warner sounds/looks great! I didn't even automatically think of the Warner bros. until I clicked the link. I say go for it, especially if it honours family.

| Anouk | Camille | Élise | Juliette | Rosalie |
    | Aldéric | Benoit | Cédric | Emeric | Luca | Sébastien |