Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Is Henry a cop-out?

Hey gang,
    Long time, no see
    Update on our name journey for babe #3:
    Settled on Calvin for a couple of weeks, then said, ehhh, maybe not.
    Settled on Emmett for a couple of weeks, decided it sounded too much like Emma when said outloud (the name of my sister who passed away, we liked the idea of honoring her but don't like it being *that* close to her name after all).
    Wesley was the remaining name on our list of top 3, but several family members repeatedly said how "un-manly" it was and we submitted to the peer pressure. I've always loved Wes much more than the full name options Wesley or Weston anyway.

Left with no names on our favorite list, I pulled back Henry - previously vetoed for being too popular. The town we live in (which isn't very large!) has 3 Henry's age 2 to 5 so I am concerned about that...but it's so handsome, classic and goes well with our sibset, right? My husband likes it a lot too, but wants to "keep looking" and said that using Henry was a "cop out" - I guess because it's such a common, classic name. So, what do you think?

Refresher - siblings are Isla and Grant. Thanks!

I'm not a fan of Henry, but I love almost all the other common, classics...William/Liam, David, Alexander, Oliver, John/Jack, George, etc. Maybe you could use Henry w/nn Harry?

If one parent feels like a name is a cop-out, it's kind of hard to argue with that. You two are the parents so it would be great if you can find something both of you really love. Maybe just put Henry on the back burner as a "backup" option, and keep looking. Does your husband have any other favorites?

Sorry about your family and Wesley. It's a nice name. How about just West?
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

Quote Originally Posted by saracita00 View Post
    If one parent feels like a name is a cop-out, it's kind of hard to argue with that. You two are the parents so it would be great if you can find something both of you really love. Maybe just put Henry on the back burner as a "backup" option, and keep looking. Does your husband have any other favorites?

Sorry about your family and Wesley. It's a nice name. How about just West?
    He hasn't said no to Henry, in fact he called my belly Henry a couple of times since saying we should "keep looking". So, I don't know, he's heard me say it's too popular so many times I think it rubbed off on him. I'm willing to hear other ideas but am now comparing everything else to Henry, so his other suggestions of late: Craig, Brody, Brett, Bryce (he has a thing for B names!) just don't compare to Henry.

Not keen on West, reminds me of Kayne :-/

Quote Originally Posted by rkrd View Post
    I'm not a fan of Henry, but I love almost all the other common, classics...William/Liam, David, Alexander, Oliver, John/Jack, George, etc. Maybe you could use Henry w/nn Harry?
    He actually really likes Harry, I'm just not a fan. His grandfather was Harold so he's mentioned that as an option a few times but I just cannot see naming a little baby boy Harold :-/
    I recently discovered that Prince Harry's real name is Henry, so told dh he could call the babe Harry if he really wanted too...I might call him Hank from time to time ;-)