Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

All you one-middle-name-only Berries, show me the way! :)

Before we all panic and have a meltdown, no, I haven't decided to go back to just one middle. But I have decided to add Anne-Sophie, a double-barrel name (obviously!), to my list. So while I see it as one cohesive unit, it is technically two names already, and I feel like Anne-Sophie Iris Vivienne or Anne-Sophie Juliette Pearl would be just way too much name for a poor kid to handle (even though I think it's beautiful!).

My problem is, I don't even know where to start when I'm not planning for two middles--everything I come up with either feels too unmemorable, or too trite, or too incomplete. I don't know what to do when it's just one middle! haha. Anne-Sophie is already chock-full of ties to my grandma, best friend, baby sister, and even my love of languages (that I share with both of my sisters), so I'm not terribly concerned with finding a middle name with meaning (although I don't want it to be filler, either).

What would you pair with Anne-Sophie (an-so-FEE is the French inflection, but I expect to hear a lot of ANN-SO-fee...)? At this point, I'm not even sure, stylistically, what type of middle works best with Anne-Sophie. Would you keep to another French name, like Odette, Juliette, or Helene? Or branch out a wee bit?

Thanks, Berries!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I think that a three-syllable name, or possibly even a four-syllable, would give you enough name to "chew on" and offer a feeling of "completeness" to the full name.

With pronunciation ann-so-FEE, how about --

Anne-Sophie Evangeline
    Anne-Sophie Gwendoline
    Anne-Sophie Genevieve (you can pronounce it the French way if you like)
    Anne-Sophie Margeurite
    Anne-Sophie Sophronia
    Anne-Sophie Arietty
    Anne-Sophie Helena
    Anne-Sophie Veronica
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

I don't know--I don't think the length/syllable count really matters for me? My two favorites so far seem to be Anne-Sophie Magritte and Anne-Sophie Iris, neither of which is terribly long, haha. Although I've never considered Magritte in my life, and I don't really find it to be my style, so I'm not sure I'd use it. And I'm afraid of over-flowering my girls' list, haha. Although I do really want to add Iris (and Daisy... ugh, guilty!).

I really like Sophie and Genevieve together, and I like Anne-Sophie Genevieve, but I'm not the hugest fan of the French prn. for Genevieve. Ironically. I have considered Anne-Sophie Evangeline before, but I just worried it's too long? I don't know. I do like the idea of Anne-Sophie Helena/Anne-Sophie Helene, though...
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I personally think that Anne-Sophie is lovely on it's own, although if you're looking for middle names, here are some you might like:

Anne-Sophie Gisele
    Anne-Sophie Louise
    Anne-Sophie Elizabeth (Elisabeth)
    Anne-Sophie Marina (Marine)
    Anne-Sophie Victoria (Victoire)
    Anne-Sophie Magdalene

I also think that another French name would work best.
    teenberry . names . royals . history . divergent . photography

adelina sophia ♕ magdalena élisabeth ♕ isla aveline ♕ athénaïs lenore ♕ beatrice adeline
    leo xavier ♕ alexander george ♕ thomas archie ♕ harry lysander ♕ cornelius laszlo

i have given my lists of girls and boys names a clean up!

crushes: ada . vita . margot . melita . jonah . albert . peregrine
    gp crushes: leopoldine. appoline . ileana . zosia "zsa zsa" . evangelos. tassilo . claudius

Haha, I thought of working in Daisy for you but I had trouble with most of the names that have emphasis on the first syllable. Coming after Anne-SoPHIE, a lot of those names just seemed awkward and the flow was off. :-/

Incidentally, if you went with Anne-Sophia instead of Anne-Sophie you might avoid the SO-phie thing. Not that that helps you with overall length, but it would definitely help with the flow issue where a lot of middles are concerned. Case in point: Anne-Sophia Daisy totally works IMO, where Anne-Sophie Daisy is awkward.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.