Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

All you one-middle-name-only Berries, show me the way! :)

Before we all panic and have a meltdown, no, I haven't decided to go back to just one middle. But I have decided to add Anne-Sophie, a double-barrel name (obviously!), to my list. So while I see it as one cohesive unit, it is technically two names already, and I feel like Anne-Sophie Iris Vivienne or Anne-Sophie Juliette Pearl would be just way too much name for a poor kid to handle (even though I think it's beautiful!).

My problem is, I don't even know where to start when I'm not planning for two middles--everything I come up with either feels too unmemorable, or too trite, or too incomplete. I don't know what to do when it's just one middle! haha. Anne-Sophie is already chock-full of ties to my grandma, best friend, baby sister, and even my love of languages (that I share with both of my sisters), so I'm not terribly concerned with finding a middle name with meaning (although I don't want it to be filler, either).

What would you pair with Anne-Sophie (an-so-FEE is the French inflection, but I expect to hear a lot of ANN-SO-fee...)? At this point, I'm not even sure, stylistically, what type of middle works best with Anne-Sophie. Would you keep to another French name, like Odette, Juliette, or Helene? Or branch out a wee bit?

Thanks, Berries!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Grace + Eleni
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Caspar + Grant + Rory

I think that a three-syllable name, or possibly even a four-syllable, would give you enough name to "chew on" and offer a feeling of "completeness" to the full name.

With pronunciation ann-so-FEE, how about --

Anne-Sophie Evangeline
    Anne-Sophie Gwendoline
    Anne-Sophie Genevieve (you can pronounce it the French way if you like)
    Anne-Sophie Margeurite
    Anne-Sophie Sophronia
    Anne-Sophie Arietty
    Anne-Sophie Helena
    Anne-Sophie Veronica
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

I don't know--I don't think the length/syllable count really matters for me? My two favorites so far seem to be Anne-Sophie Magritte and Anne-Sophie Iris, neither of which is terribly long, haha. Although I've never considered Magritte in my life, and I don't really find it to be my style, so I'm not sure I'd use it. And I'm afraid of over-flowering my girls' list, haha. Although I do really want to add Iris (and Daisy... ugh, guilty!).

I really like Sophie and Genevieve together, and I like Anne-Sophie Genevieve, but I'm not the hugest fan of the French prn. for Genevieve. Ironically. I have considered Anne-Sophie Evangeline before, but I just worried it's too long? I don't know. I do like the idea of Anne-Sophie Helena/Anne-Sophie Helene, though...
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Grace + Eleni
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Caspar + Grant + Rory

I personally think that Anne-Sophie is lovely on it's own, although if you're looking for middle names, here are some you might like:

Anne-Sophie Gisele
    Anne-Sophie Louise
    Anne-Sophie Elizabeth (Elisabeth)
    Anne-Sophie Marina (Marine)
    Anne-Sophie Victoria (Victoire)
    Anne-Sophie Magdalene

I also think that another French name would work best.
    My name is Alice, but you can call me Adelina. I'm just another Teenberry who has an obession with names, royals, history and photography.

Adelina Sophia ♕ Magdalena Élisabeth ♕ Isla Aveline Ophelia Maeve
    Leo Xavier ♕ Alexander George ♕ Thomas Archie ♕ Nicholas Louis

See my girls and boys lists and new name blog!

Crushes: Léonie, Marielle, Athena, Delphine, Marianne, Jericho, Finley & Lucius
    GP Crushes: Adora, Estellise, Anise, Isabelino, Harvey & Valentino

Haha, I thought of working in Daisy for you but I had trouble with most of the names that have emphasis on the first syllable. Coming after Anne-SoPHIE, a lot of those names just seemed awkward and the flow was off. :-/

Incidentally, if you went with Anne-Sophia instead of Anne-Sophie you might avoid the SO-phie thing. Not that that helps you with overall length, but it would definitely help with the flow issue where a lot of middles are concerned. Case in point: Anne-Sophia Daisy totally works IMO, where Anne-Sophie Daisy is awkward.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.