Names Searched Right Now:

Names like: Atlas & Austin, Casper & Chaos - Please help us with our naming style?!

Hello!

My Dh and I need your help. We are so in love with unusual names, and talk about them all the time. We've decided when we will TTC so this is becoming a reality.

We both love the name Atlas, but are also aware of the huge name that it is.
    Other names we love are Austin, Apollo, Casper, Cosmo and Chaos (does this even work as a name?). I think of these the most popular in our area is Austin.

We also like the name Miles, but we have both set our hearts on the name River for a baby girl and think this might not work as a sibset.

SO, what I'm asking you wonderful berries is, what is our naming style? Can you suggest any more names which might fit with these names, or alternatives for these names? I would really love to hear your thoughts and ideas.

I hear beautiful baby girl names all the time, but very rarely hear boy names I immediately love.

Thank you, abbylily xx
    GIRLS
    River | Luna | Ezri | Winter | April | Lyra | Annika (Anni) | Piper

BOYS
    Atlas | Miles | Hunter | Casper | Indiana | Jem

The only word I can really pin on your style is eclectic. That's good because at least you're open to a wide range of possibilities! I don't like Chaos as a name, but maybe something with a similar sound like Caio or Caius? I absolutely love Casper and Cosmo! Those are two of my all time favorites... Suggestions:

Milo
    Philo (rhymes with Milo, f-eye-low)
    Perseus (made wearable by Percy Jackson, though not necessarily associated with him)
    Felix
    Orion
    Titus/Tidus
    Pollux
    Franz
    Astro
    Mattias
    Flynn
    Heath
    Viggo
    Caspian
    Peregrine
    Yarrow
    Trig
    Fennel
    Archer
    Soren
    Stellan
    Amory
    Nero
    Magnus
    Lucien/Lucius
    Severin
    Lysander
    Napoleon
    Percival
    Siegfried
    Calix
    Draco
    Maverick
    Endymion
    Pike
    Evander
    Argus
    Last edited by oiseau; March 28th, 2014 at 09:47 AM.

loco for rococo

✫

fanciful: Twila Posey, Odette Francesca, Orlaith Glimmer, Fianna Ruby, Poet Cadenza, Indie Nell.
    ///             ///             ///     

Ouen Amos, Cillian Ambrose, Oswin Maverick, Casimir Orlando, Oscar Phineas. 

I'd say you just like unusual names. The established names you've listed aren't super common, and the others are word names.

Milo and River would work fine together, and even Miles and River are not too themey. I wouldn't use them together in one name, but as siblings I think it's fine.

Others you might like:
    Reid
    Cypress
    Cyrus
    Quest
    Rain
    Cato
    Laszlo
    Cassian
    Ajax
    Angus
    Linus
    Orion
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

Thank you both :-)
    Of those I like:
    Caspian
    Archer
    Rain
    Soren

And I am in love with Astro! That's really beautiful. I'm going to research it some now :-)

I guess we're a bit eclectic, but I would like to create more of naming style! I would love beautiful sibset names.
    GIRLS
    River | Luna | Ezri | Winter | April | Lyra | Annika (Anni) | Piper

BOYS
    Atlas | Miles | Hunter | Casper | Indiana | Jem

You actually have a lot of names that could be considered “word names” — Caspian, Archer, Rain, Atlas, Miles, Wolf, Astro, Austin, Cosmo, Chaos, River, Luna, Winter, and April. Even Aeryn is borderline on what I would call a Word Name, because the spelling is reminiscent of aero-related words. A few names are in a more traditional “name” name category, but if you want to label your style, you might just say you “favor” Word Names. (Also, in answer to your question, I don’t think Chaos works very well as a name…it seems like it could be seen rather negatively).

Here are some Word Names, as well as a few more traditional names, I think you might like:

Phoenix
    Zephyr
    Hugo
    Viggo
    Sterling
    Steele
    West/Westen
    Bay
    Fox
    Hawthorne
    Hawk
    Reed
    Rook
    Remy
    Remington
    Rory
    Walker
    Thatcher
    Ryker
    Everest
    Zion
    Rio
    Sage
    Heath
    Corbin
    Corwin
    Cormac
    Bruce
    Bruno
    Veritas
    Pierce
    Leo
    Justus
    Quillan/Quill
    Quinn
    Last edited by saracita00; March 28th, 2014 at 07:17 PM. Reason: forgot a couple of names
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.