Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What name to get to Ellie

I really like the nn Ellie. Not sure how hubby feels about it but when I gave him a list he didn't pick it. LOL

The only names I have thought of to get to Ellie are Elenore, Elianna and Elliette. I absolutely love Elliette but hubby did say he didn't even like Elliot for a boy so its a no.

Im looking for other possibilities to get to Ellie that he might approve of. He has said he doesn't like traditional names.....although I think he means more old fashioned after he has given me some suggestions and they seem like more traditional to me. The names he suggested are Allison, Jessica, Samantha, Amanda and Heather. I do not like very common names (which is what I think of when I look at his list)

This baby girl will be here in 2 weeks and we only agree on 1 name and hubby isn't sure it is "THE ONE". Addison with nn Addie. I know it is somewhat common a name now but where we live I have not heard of anyone naming their girl this as of yet.

Basically anything with "el" in it could work. Suggestions:

Eleanor/Elinor
    Eleanora
    Elisa/Elyssa
    Elizabeth/Elisabeth
    Elaine
    Elena
    Elina
    Elodie
    Eloise
    Ellen
    Elin

At a stretch:
    Melisande
    Melusine
    Melanie
    Melody/Melodie
    Emilia/Amelia
    Helen/Helena

Or any name that starts with L ("L-ee").
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.

Two I didn't see mentioned:

Luella! I love this name.

Brielle! Also love this one.

There are so many great names with El/Elle/Ella that could have Ellie as a nickname.

Elowen is my favourite El- girls name. I love how it's underused and has sounds that just flow gently. Maybe you'll like it? Good luck
    les filles ~ Constance Elowen Fiona Georgia Hazel Ivy Juneau Magnolia Pearl Viola

les garçons ~ August Frederick Hugo Isaac Jude Lincoln Magnus Otis Rhys Theodore