Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Rowan: taken over by girls??

I love Rowan for a boy but I don't our boy to be the only male Rowan in a playground full of girls with the same name.

What do you think, is it becoming a girls' name?

I know a male and female Rowan. I think it works fine on either gender and I greatly prefer it for a boy. I don't think it's popular enough to have been taken over by either gender.
    http://www.amazon.com/Angel-Blackwood/e/B00SARZLFY -- My Amazon Author Page

Represented by:

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th, 2013
    Number 2 due December 2015.

I don't think it's being taken over, per se. But I prefer it on girls. Growing up I knew two very obnoxious male Rowans, and it made me dislike the name for boys.
    Beckett Booker Cormac Cruz Dashiell Donovan Finn Hudson Jude Matteo Miles Zane

Bronwyn Cameron Delilah Georgia Lark Maisie Paloma Sam Sasha Siena Violet Willa

Well, the most famous Rowan in the world is probably Rowan Atkinson, who is a man. I think it's a truly unissex name that works fine on both genders.
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.

Rowan is a great name for a boy. Why should it bother a male Rowan to share his name with a girl any more than it would bother a female Rowan to share her name with a boy? I don't think it's wildly popular either way, is it? Either way the data shows that it's more popular for boys than girls in both the USA and the UK.
    Freyja Elísabet - 4 June 2015
    Emil - Ingimar - Kjartan - Matthías - Óskar - Róbert

Elva - Rósa - Salka - Sólveig - Svala - Ylfa