Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Rowan: taken over by girls??

I love Rowan for a boy but I don't our boy to be the only male Rowan in a playground full of girls with the same name.

What do you think, is it becoming a girls' name?

I know a male and female Rowan. I think it works fine on either gender and I greatly prefer it for a boy. I don't think it's popular enough to have been taken over by either gender.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I don't think it's being taken over, per se. But I prefer it on girls. Growing up I knew two very obnoxious male Rowans, and it made me dislike the name for boys.
    "Walter. That’s good. I’ve never known a little kid named Walter. It seems like an old man’s name, but I guess you have to start somewhere."

Well, the most famous Rowan in the world is probably Rowan Atkinson, who is a man. I think it's a truly unissex name that works fine on both genders.
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.

Rowan is a great name for a boy. Why should it bother a male Rowan to share his name with a girl any more than it would bother a female Rowan to share her name with a boy? I don't think it's wildly popular either way, is it? Either way the data shows that it's more popular for boys than girls in both the USA and the UK.
    Emil - Gylfi - Haraldur - Ingimar - Ívar - Kjartan - Leó - Matthías - Orri - Óskar - Róbert - Sævar - Sverrir

Elísabet - Elva - Freyja - Ingileif - Ingunn - Ísabel - Lovísa - Lóa - Rósa - Sólveig - Svala - Ylfa