Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Boy name challenge: Who can help?

Hello! My husband and I are expecting a boy in September. We want to keep the name a secret before birth, because frankly, we don't want any of our close friends and family giving unwanted negative opinions on our favorites. The process is so hard already! So I thought I'd reach out to some helpful strangers with our difficult list of criteria.

1) Our last name is Owen and I really don't like the sound of first names that end in -N with our surname (this eliminates like 90% of my favorites ...).

2) The middle name must be "Leigh", which is a family name. This gives 2 additional criteria -- the name must not end in a hard E/Y sound (too singsong) and most importantly, the first name MUST be obviously masculine. I don't want there to be any question of his gender when just seeing his name on a list!

3) Our dog's name is Astor, and while she won't be around forever, I couldn't deal with 10 years of Astor and Asher or Astor and Archer (though I love them both).

So far, we are entertaining Keller, Clark, and Grant, but none of them are thrilling us. My husband loves Parker, but it feels too unisex to me. I need to find something to get Parker out of his mind!

Are you up for the challenge? Accepting any and all opinions on our top 3 or suggestions for others that meet our criteria!

Thanks in advance for your help!

My first thought was Carter, which sounds similar to Parker but isn't unisex.

-er endings work well with Owen, so maybe: Connor, Cooper, Bridger, Jasper, or Ryder.

A few other suggestions: Andrew, Thomas, Christopher or just Topher, Dominic, Lucas, or Marcus.
    Last edited by maggiefromcanada; March 22nd, 2014 at 10:59 AM.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

Hmm....

Some names I think could work would be:

Jeremy
    James
    Nikolai
    William
    Bennet
    Beckett
    Carter
    Kendrick
    Mitchell
    Forester
    Graham
    Finnegan

I picked a lot of last name first names because you have a first name last name. I always think it's cute if someone's got a last name first name and a first name last name. But I also think classic names, like William or Jeremy, would work.

____ Leigh Owen:

Isaac Leigh Owen ( Isaac means laughter, and if his name was shortened, I'd use Ace )

Patrick Leigh Owen ( I like Pax as a nn for Patrick, and Pax means peace )

Caleb Leigh Owen

Davis Leigh Owen

Cyrus Leigh Owen ( means throne or sun )

Fletcher Leigh Owen ( Fletcher means an arrow maker I believe )

A few more ideas:

Daniel
    David
    Dexter
    Foster
    Graham
    Maxwell
    Nathaniel
    Silas

If you like Grant but aren't sold on it, perhaps you'd like Brandt or Brent as well.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova