Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Just fell in love... name too sci fi?

I just heard the name Kestra, and I instantly fell head over heels for it. Ive been having a very hard time thinking of any girl named that I like at all, but is this name too sci-fi? If my baby is a girl I want her to have an uncommon but not unusual name.

the only other girl names I kinda like are Ila, Beatrice, Nova, and Echo. hubby hates them all but Beatrice.

any thoughts on Kestra?
    Melody and Benjamin

Expecting baby #1
    November 2014!

I had no idea what Kestra was so I didn't really think of it as sci-fi. It is unusual to me, although straightforward to spell and pronounce. I'm not really a big fan of it because it sort of reminds me of Kendra and Kesha. But I wouldn't say too sci-fi. I googled it and saw the Star Trek reference but otherwise I would've never known.

I love Beatrice. Really beautiful and lots of cute shorter versions like Beattie, Bette, Betty, Bea etc.

I like Kestra - sounds a bit like kestrel and I do really love birds.

I immediately thought of Kestrel as well. Kestra sounds very similar, and is very pretty in my opinion. Different without sounding made up, and you love it. It's a keeper!
    Not so done having children after all. We're not ready for TTC quite yet but when we do get pregnant,the husband handed sole naming rights over to his name obsessed wife!

Bouncing Baby Boy: Tristan Ambrose Galahad * Ambrose Galahad
    Little Lady: Josephine Adele * Lena Josephine* Lorelei Nicole

I like Kestra, it sounds futuristic/celestial, but not too much so. I couldn't picture it with Beatrice as a sister, though. That's just me, though! If you love it, put it on your list